Done with The Hunt, for now, Feeling Empty.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fschuler, Aug 6, 2006.

1. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Over the past couple weeks, I've scored 2 Alt Primes, 2 Mirages, and the only Camshaft I plan to get. I even found me some $4.99 Tits (including WW Prime and Megatron :ev:  ). And, I've got about all the G1, BW, RID, etc. stuff I'd like to get. I'm coming down off of the binge looking for the next fix and now I've entered a TF hunting doldrum that I expect to last until the Classics start to show in a few months (unless I can score a Nemesis Prime for a reasonable price). Anyone else here feeling the same?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'm getting there. Alt Camshaft is the last TF I'd like to get until Classics starts.

I can't really say I "hunt" for TFs any more as I tend to go out to major shopping spots three to five times a week since myself and my best friend are jobless bums who go to random chinese buffets and hit the random stores around as we do.

3. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I only TF's I hunt for now are new Alt's that I like.

But I collect so much other stuff that the hunt is never over.:drunk 

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I always think I'm done, then I find out something new comes up that I "gots ta have"
    If I only collected TF's then I'd be done till classics, but I buy Star Wars, not everything, but I'm quite hooked on the 3" tits right now... And die cast cars and McFarlane amongst other stuff.

I don't think it will ever end. And trying to beat the scalpers is really getting tedious and wasting lots of gas, but I really enjoy finding the latest fix, so I doubt I'll stop.

5. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I've been done with the hunt for about a couple of weeks now. I am really not planning to collect much more transformers until the movie release next year. I am now going into a position to provide any sighting reports locally for the Arizona thread and to help fellow collectors close their gaps in their collection.

6. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    ot really thats what parnets are for

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    In your hunting downtime, I suggest going out and being social, perhaps human interaction will fill the empty feeling you're having.

8. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    I "almost" reached my goal of owning every TF sold in Japan a while ago (still missing wolfang), so I set another goal: sell the loose figures and upgrade the entire collection to MiB. Since selling loose figures is generally easier to do than finding boxed replacements with inserts, I don't really spend as much money as I did a while ago. And getting a huge boxed G1 Omega Supreme in the mail sure is a lot more fun than receiving go-bot soundwave or whatever other figure I just bought for completeness' sake :) 

9. fschuler

Hmmm...I'll need to give that a try. You know, I've heard of this "organic" and highly interactive series that's been out for a while, I think they're called "Females". A lot of guys claim to have seen them, and even TF'd a few to their liking, but I sure as hell have never seen them in Wal-Mart's toy aisle!! Rumor has it that clubs, schools, and most other public places will stock that line from time to time....ON WITH THE HUNT!!! Thanks Dark Magnus!! :lolol 

EDIT: RUMOR - If you slide a Planet Key in their slot, their nipples stick out....Gotta try that!

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Just out in the UK.
    Not out in the UK.
    Not out in the UK.
    Not out in the UK.
    Nope. I would LOVE the opportunity to go on a buying spree, but unless I want the same old half dozen or so Cybertron figures, I'd be SOL.

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i'm done. period. i pre-ordered classics prime and BB, and located my last grail (browning) and i've just made a sale of over $1000 us on about 200 transformers from my collection i find a bother to have around now.

the book is closed on my collectiong days. the hunt is over.

12. fschuler

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful!

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

With no new alts out that I've wanted ( I needs me some decepticons!). I've been out of the hunt for a few months. It's both relaxing and helps the wallet yet I miss that feeling of finding a new plastic warrior at my local store. And with news saying none will be out until next spring at the earliest it's made me look into the titanium figures (six inch) that I vowed not to get into.

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I heard that series is getting cancelled due to lack of consumer interest, but it could just be an unfounded rumor.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been all caught up since last week or so... Now I'm bored outta my mind...

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm in the same boat. I want an Alt. Camshaft, but if I miss him, it won't be a big deal... I only want him cause my Prowl's got a slightly broken piece. Otherwise, I want Cybertron Deluxe Prime... and that's all, till Classics.

Well, at least I'll save some money.

...yeah right. :drunk  ;) 

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm still looking for Prime, Mirage, and Camshaft. Lucky for you. I wish I could find them.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Been there a few times, but learned to cherish it since it's the only decent time to save up again. My wallet NEEDS calms like these lol

What's killing me is trying to stay caught up with multiple toy lines. It's pretty much downhill from here though, going to get rid of em all and go back to just concentrating on the TF's . And maybe some Joes, and Marvel, and Brave and Star Wars, aaagh! It's too hard

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm caught up on TFs except for Quickmix. But there's plenty of SW stuff I want (I was a LOT of 501st troopers for a display... like 21 of them, so I can do 3 ranks and have it look like the assault on the temple) and fodder for customs, plus enough other random stuff from ebay and the like. There may not be as much at retail now, but I always find something to buy.

20. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same here, but I'm not in the rush to find them. Just trying to save every last penny I can find to have fun at Botcon with. Hopefully I won't get screwed because I don't hunt them down now.