DONE with Ebay!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Daimao, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry folks, just gotta vent. I've been screwed twice in the last week buying from ebay. First was a "MISB" costco Bumblebee. The misb was a big deal because I have the regular release already and I wanted to leave this one in package for display. Item arrives... it has clearly been opened and tampered with. The lid wasn't even on the package when it arrived, the guy had to have noticed when he was packing it. Then the PCC Steamhammer I ordered arrived today, except it's a Mudlsinger (which is extremely plentiful here). Now I have to pay out of pocket to ship the items back and hope that Ebay enforces the eventual refund. But I still lose money and I have no transformers for my trouble. People are getting too greedy, all they care about is the money. Once they have that they pay no attention to what they ship out. I guess I'll have to stick with BBTS and Robotkingdom from now on.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Erm. How can you stop buying from eBay just because you got it from a poor seller? Did you read te feedback first? Ask seller questions? Things like that makes life much easier.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been happy with buy sell trade here on the site. Everyone's been fair or more then fair with items and everything I've gotten so far has come from collectors and not investors or scammers.

4. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    surprisingly both sellers had very good feedback, no recent negatives at all. The BB auction said sealed and brand new and the Steamhammer auction clearly said Steamhammer, even had pictures. What exactly should I have asked them? I'm just tired of ebay, buying and selling. This was the last straw. When I sell I get A-hole buyers who wanna pay 2 weeks later, even though the auction states payment must be made within 3 days. And that's after they bid and win, no one asks questions before they bid.

5. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It definitely happens. Be sure to use Paypal to handle your complaints. Paypal always sides with the buyer, never the seller. They will force the seller to take back the items (have had it happen to me as a seller lol). You just say "item is not as described" then a brief note on why.

I recently purchased a G1 Bombshell insecticon. The seller described that he had playware and fair enough, he is 20+ years old. I didn't ask questions either (my mistake too). But I received him, and he had red paint on his face (and dabbed on his shoulders) that wasn't mentioned at all in the listing. That completely ruins his collect-ability. He was only $7 so it's not even worth fighting over. And Bombshell will probably live out the rest of his life as a toy with my nephew.

You win some, you lose some. However, Paypal is a monster with sellers, so you'll be fine.

6. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for the tip, I'll hopefully get this resolved through paypal. It just sucks that I have to pay out of pocket to ship the wrong items back when the seller messed up in the first place. Shouldn't I get reimbursed for that?

7. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You'll get your money back on the shipment to you. Unfortunately you do get stuck with the shipment for sending it back. I'm pretty sure, but it's worth asking about it.

Definitely use Paypal on it. If you want to expedite the process, then you need to call them and chitchat. I've noticed anytime I talk to them on the phone as a buyer/seller, they tend to get stuff done quicker. I think they take that as you care enough.

I hope it works out. BTW, you want a red face G1 Bombshell? Sell it to you cheap! lol