Donation suggestion...

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Alteron_Sheng, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I recently went to use the (returned) search function, as well as trying to pull up threads started by some of the kitbashers whose work I enjoy... only to find that the results is limited to 10.
    I understand that there are bandwidth issues, but I can not agree that the longer wait time and limited results is the solution.
    My suggestion would be to simply create a paypal account and put up a donation button so that those of us who can may donate... I know that I would both donate and see nothing wrong with making donations an available option, and I doubt I am alone in being willing to donate so that we might have a faster search with longer result strings.

-Sheng

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Search will be returned to normal levels over time. I am hoping within a month, max.

This last month was a rare event with the movie coming out, never been that busy before, and won't be again for a while. Once the last of the movie rush traffic is gone, server will be back to normal, and be able to handle all that is on it. And if not, will be upgraded accordingly then.

4. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah apologies, I did a search for 'donations' and then 'donation' and couldn't find anything, I'd asked one or two friends on this board and hit the same result, hence my assumption.

Thank you also for explaining why the search was modified and that it will return to normal soon.
    Is there perhaps a way that a 'donate' button that links to the donate board could be put on the title bar at the top of the screen?