Don Murphy vs. Seibertron.com (LOLasaurus)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DrSpengler, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/show...;threadid=13877

Bound to happen sooner or later. Can't say I'm surprised, but I won't get into any biased anti-website hate.

Still, pretty harsh.

Someone also pointed this out to me:

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2006/08/megatron_has_ahole_mouth.html#comment-1824

Apparently Ryan's actively picking fights with production designers, too.

Ah well..

Ninnernet drama: the audience wins!

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

It seems to me that on this website...alot of people don't care about the movie anymore...or they are being really hesitant and are nice about the whole thing!

People here don't care about what Don Murphy says...nontheless the owner of seibertron....

We like toys...and good stories...we don't like spoilers......for the most part...it seems....

Spoilers are frowned upon here...but I love them! I am following the whole fiasco because it is interesting as the movie itself....

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Don Murphy needs to start acting like a fucking professional again. This shit he's pulling is just goddamn juvenile. If you're making a movie, and you get BANNED from a fansite that focuses on the original material for said movie...you really should not be working on said movie.

Just...ugh. :horse:  is what this boils down to. Something I'd expect out of high school, to be honest with you.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think that goes for both parties in this case, honsetly.

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I think he could've expressed himself without attacking the guy.I mean honestly did he have to attack the artist on a personal level?:redface2: 

But then I guess he thinks that since it's online he doesn't need to have manners

P.S. I know that remark's 5 days old.But it's still pretty low class

6. betetta

betetta guitar face

such STUPID nonsense.....

so i guess this is what happens when there are no movie news on a entire day, i really hope that jazz's robot mode appears tomorrow or something similar so that some members of the fandom (and the movie prod TEAM!!) stop doing this kind of shit out of just plain boredom.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Yay!!!

A flame war between a movie producer and a fansite owner.

I love teh internets

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I have nothing personally against Ryan or Seibertron -- they've been one of the most honest and reliable news sites regarding creditting news, etc. But sometimes, as a webmaster, you have to pick your battles.

You don't see any of the Admins here, or even Tony, going on a frontpage rant about how much they love/hate the designs. Or that Transformers is now a flaming pile of shit. Do we think that? Maybe, maybe not. Our job isn't to force our opinion down your throat, it's to present to you what's out there, and let you form your own opinion.

That's the life of a "public figure". And while the Internet is far from "public", our website is still seen by tens of thousands of people every day, and the last thing we want to do is turn someone off because we decide to be like "OMG I HATE THE MOVIE AND SO SHOULD YOU".

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    cat fight! *rawr*

10. flamepanther

You've summed up one of the many reasons I post here and on no other TF site.

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

you guys like megatron? he might resemble bm megatron...but c'mon show some backbone!
    A good friend of mine in film making said it looks like Masters of the Universe....Do we want THAT...sure the autobots rolling down the 220 looks nice...but...c'mon. don't lay down for murphy and bay! If you got a voice...SHOUT NOW!

don't let these guys make something you don't want to see! Seibertron made some news...Baywill respond with an interview next week .....SERIOUSLY, if you don't like the leaked images...let the internet know...they are listening!....

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    so this topic is gonna become yet another new design bash-fest?

then I'm out.

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That's funny considering I don't even know WHAT I'm seeing yet. I'm going to watch the movie before I join a "IT'S BAD" or an "IT'S GOOD" bandwagon. I suggest you do the same. Why? Because it's pretty silly to tell me how bad the meal is before they even cook it. That slab of raw meat doesn't look appetizing, but once it's gone through the ringer and it's in action (my plate), it's delicious.

14. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

I honestly think what will make or brake this movie will not be what the bots look like, but what the action, acting, character development, plotline, sound effects, and soundtrack will be like.

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Agreed; Seibertron was in the wrong, as it sounds as though they were acting a bit immature.

But, Seibertron is their domain; they have other jobs, other lives, and Seibertron is just something fun they do. It's not what they do for a living.

Because Murphy IS working on a Transformers movie, for which he is getting paid, TFs have, to a great extent, become part of his actual livelihood. The Transformers ARE his job, and ultimately, he should be trying to keep the community as pleased as possible, given that a great many of us will be going to see the flick. That's not to say he should provide up-to-the-minute videos of the animatics, etc; Bay and co. are right to keep that stuff as secret as possible.

However, you ALSO do not go on these sort of flaming rants and attacks that Murphy has become famous for. If you want the community to back your plays and support your stuff, you (a) have to treat them with respect, and (b) pick your battles, or in other words, act like an ADULT and a PROFESSIONAL, which Murphy has failed at. He should be old (and experienced) enough to know when he's up against someone that has already made up their mind about something, and when arguing about said topic is pointless. What he's doing is just...really, really "high school." I don't know what else to call it...although Seibertron was over-reacting, it's also a fan-operated (and dictated) forum for the expression of ideas regarding TFs.

The best thing Murphy could do is just lock down his entire forum, and open a clean webpage with professional, unbiased updates and press releases; ie, "The Megatron design sketch released is just that - a sketch, it does not reflect the final design, etcetc whatever." Hell, the best thing he can do right now is stop interacting with the fans on such a daily, personal basis.

I'm just...amazed at what that idiot is doing. It's astonishing.

16. flamepanther

Uh... stop introducing issues into the thread that nobody was talking about. I don't see anyone here saying they like Megatron's design (but so what if they do?). Everyone so far has just been saying that the exchange between Murphy, Seibertron.com, and others has been remarkably immature.
    That's the last thing we need right now. They already know what you like and don't like and they're going to act or not act on it as they see fit, so at this point you'll just be pissing off the people who are tired of all the bitching and drama and want to get back to life as usual on the boards.
    But if you must, then do it in a mature and intelligent fashion. It appears that whether you are reasonable or childish, Murphy will respond in kind.

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Have you read the script? I didn't tell you anything...? I am only saying that we...as fans... are letting hollywood do what ever the hell the want to with this film!

Some fans are also site owners...and they got an interview next week with Bay because of the critisism....I love this website, and I am not trying to cause a rucus....but this film is trodding down a path that makes me think of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE....with explosions! THAT AIN'T COOL....

I don't wanna see G1, i wanna see a good movie...is that so much to ask for?

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    YES, YES IT IS. BECAUSE THIS TOPIC ISNT ABOUT THAT.

um... yeah. I wasnt gonna come back to this topic, but... eh.

19. GundamHeavyArms

GundamHeavyArms Zippity Doo Dah

I read about 4 or 5 pages of that thread, and I gotta say that Don and Ryan both come off as two guys who are throwing egos around and their ego aren't even legit. Don's only remotely succesful movie has been League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (not too bad of a movie) and Ryan is a webmaster. Neither of those guys have earned the right to throw their egos around like their George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Just my opinion, no offense to either of them.

I vividly remember seeing the leaked images of the vehicle modes for the Autobots, and I was as giddy as school girl (sorry bad figure of speech). I was so excited about seeing this movie. Then I saw the robot modes, and I wasn't so excited about it anymore. Then I read a couple pages for the script thats floating around, and I became even less excited. And tonight it dawned on me, why this movie isn't going to cut it in some of our opinions. Look who's coming up with the ideas and designs. Not specific people, but their nationality. Granted I'm sure the Japanese didn't solely create everything about Transformers, but it was their desings and their ideas, was it not? Then we put the franchise in the hands of Americans and we get something that looks like a mixture of Robotech and I, Robot. I've heard people defend these designs by saying "Well its a live action movie" and come on people what kind of crap is that, its not live action is. The vehicle modes, the humans are gonna be live action. Other then shots of the Transformers standing perfectly still, they're going to be CGI and thats not live actoin thats CGI.

Thats my purest opinion on the whole situation as it is, sure I'd like to tell it to Bay and Hasbro and anybody who could stop and change these designs. But its Hollywood guys, it futile to tell them to change something. They're in love with themselves and their ideas, just like us, but they make a lot more money then we do and money is power in their minds. We can't get them to change these designs and its stupid to think we can and argue about it, all the while making enemies out of people who should be friends through our shared love for Transformers. So this isn't my plea to Bay to stop the movie and change it, but my plea to all of us here that we can cast aside our differences about the movie and just have peaceful and non-flaming discussions of these designs. Its pointless to talk about it if we're not gonna be civilized about it. Anybody else with me on this?

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I agree 100% , but at the same time...i wanna watch a good transfrmer movie...not GIANT FUCKIN' ROBOTS....from the script....their isn't a character to be had...just one liners...that is BAY all the way...crap...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.