Don Murphy states: NO REBOOT!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DK Prime, Jul 16, 2011.

1. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

2. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

repost...but the show must go on without Bay and Shia and probably over half the entire casts... Just Bring Back Agent Simmons

3. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

hmm sorry about that couldn't find it anywhere. Then delete this. My bad :) 

4. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Now to ask our selves, With Megatron Dead AGAIN and no apparent way to revive him and the Decepticons deafeated, what will happen.

I hope for this.

Transformers 4: Calamities calling.

The calamity being Unicron, except the film ends when Unicron is revealed leaving a solid cliffhanger for a Transformers 5 in which he wolud be the lead villain.

That would be my ideal film to go and watch.

As for Decepticons However, I haven't got a clue. Perhaps a war agaisnt the Heralds of Chaos would work.

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the movies could use some fresh creative blood. I think it would be interesting to see a different interpretation of character design in live action.

That said, I don't think the audience needs a complete reintroduction to the TF concept, and ILM's work has been the single greatest achievement in these movies.

If part 4 is going to have a new director, an new star, need a wholesale replacement of its robot cast, and be the start of a new trilogy, that's just about as close to a reboot as you can get.

6. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

here comes the BOX-FORMERS

7. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Keep in mind..the new trilogy will be a continuation of the current. That means..they are keeping the designs.

8. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

keep the designs and do minor cosmetic changes to them aka Optimus Prime's 6-Pack

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A couple of things to remember.

Don Murphy is not the only person connected to these films nor is he the most powerful person in Hollywood. Take Don Murphy's statement more as he would like it if there was no reboot. Other people could over rule him on this.

You also can't put too much faith in the things that are said right after a films release. There is a statement out there of a sequel to Green Lantern, but after the bashing it took at the box office we can all safely say that isn't going to happen.

With nothing in the works right now for a fourth film it's far too early to say anything about what the next film will be like. So much can change from hey it would be nice to do another Transformers film to an actual film ready for release.

10. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

bay clearly ended the films so unless they're going to use a stupid way to bring megatron back that only means minor characters as main ones
    maybe the seeker team could replace starscream (same robot and alt mode but different colours)
    maybe stunticons in it?
    who knows?

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Michael Bay already quashed the rumors going around about them continuing on with a 4th movie, that nothing's in the works yet.

And what Ash from Carolina best explains why we shouldn't take Don Murphy's word seriously:

12. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Bay has stated he will not be doing more TF movies. That doesn't mean it can't happen. as for Don Murphy...I choose to believe him a little along the way. :) 

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Well, there was the news/rumor not too long ago that Michael Bay MIGHT return for a 4th movie, but still... just because he said he was done with the TF movies doesn't mean that he's not in the know as to what they're going to do next with the movie franchise.

For right now, I think it would be wise if we all just enjoy DOTM in theaters and just wait another year or so before we start taking any news/rumors of future TF movies seriously.

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    For the folks saying "but Megatron's dead!"....Galvatron, anyone?

15. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

I dont think anyone ever wanted the exact G1 designs, just something they could recognize, and that isnt an abstract mess.

I think TF3 got much closer to that look with a few characters,

namely shockwave and Sentinal. He wasnt a wirey mess, he had solid panels on his legs and chest, He looked like a very detailed G1 character.

Ditch the silly beard, and clean up the look, JUST a TAD, and Id be completely happy with it,

16. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers 4 = Reboot/Sequel

As I’ve said numerous times before, a TF4 doesn’t necessarily have to be a direct sequel, but the start of a brand new trilogy. It can be based some years later and it can acknowledge that events from one to three happened, but then quickly move off in another direction. Couple this with a new director and production team, bringing in a whole different approach, and there’s no reason why a TF4 can’t be a reboot and a sequel.

I think a complete reboot so soon could actually hurt the franchise more than help it. I know certain people want one, but that is more than likely due to the fact that they don’t like the Bay films. So they’re thinking with their hearts as appose to their heads. The audience certainly doesn’t seem like it “needs” a reboot. The only time audiences are seemingly calling out for a reboot is when the franchise in question has run out of steam. The only other reason for a reboot would be if there are issues behind the scenes (Spider-Man), which isn’t the case with this franchise.

17. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    As much i love that storyline it just cheapens the deaths of the characters. I'd be ok if Galvatron was the main bad guy but as a new character not just a Megatron rehash.

Funny you should say that since he was based off Alpha Trion's design who among others had beards in G1 :) 
    The only hair thats bothered me in this series is Que's now I know in the comics his Wheeljack esque helmet gets destroyed and we're left with this skull, too human looking for my tastes though

18. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Please don't continue it...It finished perfectly.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think that any way they go with it will be easy or risk free.

Take the Mummy franchise for example. You had two films by Stephen Sommers that seemed to be setting up a strong franchise. But then you had a spin off movie by Chuck Russell that felt more like a Conan film than anything in The Mummy series. Then for another film you have Stephen Sommers leaving and Tome of the Dragon Emperor is directed by Rob Cohen. Many of the elements that made the first two Mummy films work just weren't there for the Dragon Emperor. Really haven't heard anything since then about more Mummy movies.

Just because you keep the same universe and the same characters that doesn't mean that the results with big changes in the directors chair and stars will result in a movie like the first three Transformers films.

We also don't know how long it will be until the next Transformers film is made so it's hard to say that the general audience will still be into it the same way by then. Loads of examples where red hot franchises have burned out because people got tired of the same thing. The public is just such a fickle lot.

20. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits: