Don Murphy statement about stolen images

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    this was posted in the teaser thread too, not really transformers news related I would think

3. BillsToys83

BillsToys83 <b>Botcon 2006 Dealer</b>

His comment about Voice Actors midway through his post, is this a set in stone thing?

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I posted that same link here Nevermore.Although it kind of went unnoticed

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who knows. From my understanding its Speilberg and Bay that will have the final decisions on who gets what voice role.

6. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welsh people?

I can understand what he's said, though it's going to be impossible to keep everything secret. You can't make that much out from the Bumblebee picture though, so most of the mystery is still there.

On the other hand, I can also see why a lot of people want to see these leaked images. For me, all I wanted to see was one robot, just to get an idea of what to expect from the designs. This wasn't the way to go about it though.

7. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

Man, that is possibly the best rant I have ever heard. Props.

That said, I gather there is a lot more than just the leaked trailer going on behind this...

8. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    It really ruins the excitement and buildup for the official release. I mean, the date july 4th release was goine to be the 1 year countdown. And some dipshit thaught they would be cute and release an unofficial one first. I hope they ream his ass.

9. Stormbringer

Stormbringer Cheese It!

Has Don Murphy's original post been edited?

I don’t see where he mentioned anything about the voice actors…

Edit: Nevermind, it was that bit about Tom Desanto. I'm BLIND...

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Decent post by him, and it's nice to see the props to some of the TF fan sites. Hopefully someone out there will take notice and get something positive from it and not ruin anything else, though I'm sure the stealing and spoilers will probably continue regardless.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yay! we were mentioned!

12. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don's post is about http://www.transformersthemovie.com (clue is in the 5th line). He claims the site is making a profit from the movie by having advertisements on the site, mislead people by having a similar domain name to the official site (http://www.transformersmovie.com) and by using the official logo in the banner. It all started in this thread:

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11654

What he doesn't understand is that Paramount have seen the website, have no problems with anything on the site and have put it on the destribution list for official information on the film, like TFW are (I think). The site has also been around since 2001, dedicated to the 1986 movie, but now to both films. Also, nearly every Transformers site has advertisements (TFW2005, Seibertron, Allspark, TfArchive, TF@TM, tformers etc.), which support server costs, domain registration, security etc, but he is picking on this one.

13. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Based on the toplinked post at d13, I think he's pissed because the domain was put forward for sale -- was this actually the case, and if so what was the asking price?

14. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

After reading that line, I just became very worried about the jeopardy this movie is heading into. :confused: 

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I really don't understand why he is upset. He doesn't lose money on leaks, does he? B.T.W. I really have no idea why he said that the BB pic was just a mock-up for reference with little detail...why is he working on the chest in the back if it is just a mock-up? In addition to that...little detail, he ain't seeing what I've seen... Hollywood spin? Hell The Treebeard animatronic from L.O.T.R. looked as good as this! ( NOT TRYING TO DERAIL THREAD):wink: 

16. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

The man is right!
    That was just simply a theft! It doesn't matter if you love or hate the film. Someone broke the law and I hope they open a can of whoop-ass on him.

17. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In April, the site received an email about buying the domain from a "New York based attourny", on behalf of someone who wanted to use it for the movie. No offers were made as the client was on holiday.