Don Murphy Comments on Lack of TF2 Information

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ams, Sep 10, 2007.

1. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don Murphy posted the following on Sunday evening.

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?p=1040722

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

at the same time that explains a lot and says absolutely nothing.at least he was polite enough to address the lack of news.clearly,the movie made enough to get a sequel,so it's all a matter of when,isn't it?

3. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I still say its too early to say anything because it wasn't until Spiderman was on DVD that they talked about part 2. Just give it a little time.

4. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i know this has been discussed before, but i never caught why a studio can't make a movie if the writers guild goes on strike? or atleast the transformers sequal. and doesn't a strike consist of everyone in the organization going on strike, what if there's writers that don't want to go on strike, do they have no other choice in the matter? and i also don't see why a studio couldn't hire a freelance writer to write the script, why does everything have to be through the guilds? i know it's all about the union, but why do the studios work with the unions if this is the kind of crap their going to have to put up with?

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati

What a difference a couple of years makes :D 

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All writers that work with studios are freelance...they're also in the guild. It's more complicated than you'd think.

www.theartfulwriter.com is a great place to go and explore if you're curious about the upcoming strike and how it could impact not only the Transformers sequel, but the industry in general, or even just questions like "Why do the studios work with writers organized in a union?"

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The first one only came out two months ago, is the "lack of news" on the sequel REALLY anything to worry about?

Ktulu says nyeh

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    While people in the movie industry generally earn alot of money compared to most occupations with unions, being a part of a guild, a union ensures they get their fair share for their work, and generally (though not always) protects their work and their rights.

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't get why anyone is upset about the lack of news for a sequel yet, the movie isn't even out on dvd yet, give it time.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm suprised that it's not being writen yet to make the most of the time available tbh

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spider-Man 2 had writers working on the script before Spider-Man even came out. However, I'm not too bothered by lack of sequel news, this isn't an actual delay considering the sequel wasn't officially announced for 2009. I'll be fine with 2010.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Murphy's comments confirm all the speculation about why we haven't heard much about a sequel. No surprise.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I'm sure there probably have already been ideas proposed for the sequel. They just need to find a comfortable date to start putting it all together. But surely we can be patient.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you kidding bro. My grandkids will be watching that!!!! :D 

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Without much news before this news can't say I feel either way about it. I mean it's not exactly they had said anything about if Bay would be back, if the writers would be back given the long break since the writers originally thought it would be a quicker turn around on Transformers 2, or even any general news of it would be more of the same from the first film or if big changes were planned for part 2.

Would have been nice to have a feeling of "oh yes" or "oh no" to know if the delay is keeping from something really cool or if the delay is buying me time before a disapointment.

Although he was right that it bites that Shoot 'em Up has gotten shorted on the number of screens. Wanted to see it but it's not playing locally and I just wasn't up for a big drive just to see it this past weekend.

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Wow! This sucks, but I understand and I'll wait this this whole mess solves.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hope things go well, that they will bring us news regarding TFM2 as soon as they can. I can wait a couple of years for the sequel... I'll find something to entertain me until then. Like, watching the first movie over and over again?

18. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought we already knew that TF2 got greenlit for production, so shouldn't that mean that they have a good idea of what's going on already and they really are just avoiding giving out information on the movie at this point???

19. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    a couple years AND a couple dollars!

20. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I believe that if they write it now, and then if the same writers are not with the movie due to what happens with the strike, they cannot use it due to copyrights. I could be wrong but copyrights, along with other things, is what the union is for, isn't it?