Don Murphy at TransformersCon Toronto 2006 Video Part 1 of 5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The TransformersCon Toronto website has updated with video of Don Murphy speaking at TransformersCon Toronto 2006 about the upcoming Transformers Movie. This is the first part of 5 videos from that panel. You can check it out by clicking here and selecting the videos link. Canada's 6th Annual Transformers Convention is happening April 28th 2007.

2. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Everyone should watch this, great first part.

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

You have to give Don respect, he at least talks to the fans. I'm trying to think of the last time someone from a major Hollywood film actually went out of his way to talk to the fans.

I may be worried about this film as a fan, but as a regular movie goer, I think it will be worth the money to go see it.

4. Megaman

Megaman Mega

hahaha great when he mentioned soundwave possibly not being in the movie yet, lol

Don was almost afraid to say it,
    afraid of getting a transformers toy thrown at his head

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You rock S_M :rock 

I'm listening it right now as I post this. When will the other 4 parts of the Don Murphy panel be posted. Will it be today or gradualy(sp) over the next few days?

6. Beechy

Beechy Where Da Cake?

You have to come to the Con to see the rest........

That was a lie. But come anyways.

Look i'm bringin in people.

7. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see if he accomplished what he set out to do.

8. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    It is good to see DM in good spirits. Trying to reach out to fans before even a script had been written, seemed to take a big toll on him. The poor guy has had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows in trying to talk with fans on the boards and in person. At least now he can say 'this what we have done' or 'this what we are going to do' with confidence.

Of course not everyone will agree on this, but I agree with DM on Soundwave. Why tease him in the first movie if you are still trying to make sure he is done right? You got plenty of time until TF2.

Do all fanboys sound like the guy in Part 1 or is it me? :p 

9. EvanusPrime

EvanusPrime Active Member

I don't want to speak out of turn here, but I believe there will be a new part each week.

10. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

All I can say is that I wish the dude would'a passed on the pot of coffee he must have drank before giving that talk! :lol  A few shots of scotch probably would have helped. My guess is that he was just trying to choose his words very very carefully, not to mention that he was also, likely, trying to keep from getting lynched. Things shouldn't be that way, IMO. Its just a movie.

11. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Well, that and Don was self-admittedly trying to keep his talk PG - there were kids in the audience.

But yeah - I find it interesting looking at where the movie's gone now, hearing what he had to say then. Especially the Cullen/Welker bit.

12. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow. Nice to hear that they've taken so much time to make the human characters work in a movie about Transformers while they've been neglecting the TF's or are at least on the fence about whether or not they have them done right as far as being well developed and discernable characters.

Seriously though, it's nice he's talking to fans, but I just get the impression that he's being overly cautious about his wording. That usually means that the person is a little worried about how stuff currently is, so unless the other 4 parts get any better, he hasn't swayed my opinion of the movie characters/TF's yet. I like the fact that he said Soundwave might not be in it just so he can be a main character in a possible sequel, but I think it'd be kinda hard to make a 4-foot tall robot (which was what Soundwave was gonna be) a main character since he's a villain and wouldn't have anything to do with non-hostage humans, so hopefully he'll get redesigned as something better, like maybe the sound-system at rock concert so that he can still be huge and a music device.

13. Super_Megatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That was my understanding as well.

14. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Well if Don was cautious about his wording, I'd say it's more because of the precedent to take anything (generally speaking of course) he/anybody invoved with the movie says. And twist it into something negative or throw the "It's just PR spin" card. And fuel more unneeded heat.

So if he was, he's just being careful not to say anything that could be twisted/miscontrued

15. thankgodfor transformers

thankgodfor transformers Well-Known Member

I hate to sound negative, but I always hear someone say that the reason we are just seeing a TF live action film now it because the technology has never been where it was needed. Well if it would cost 900 million to make this film right, then maybe the technology is not there yet. We have waiteded 20 years to see this maybe they should have waited 10 more (ok, 10 is a guess and I have no idea how long it would really take). All I know is that if this film sucks it could take a really long time before someone tries it again. I do salute Don for going in front of fans.

16. EvanusPrime

EvanusPrime Active Member

Then it shall be so. :dunce  Just didn't want to make an "announcement" incase something had changed.

17. hordeprime

hordeprime In Spite of the System

Personally, I'm very annoyed with the concept of "well, we couldn't do MORE with the TF in the movie because then it would've been a totally CG movie and nobody can afford that," and using this as an excuse to introduce the TF halfway through the movie, dumbing them down in favor of the human aspect. I respect the notion of building the film around the human POV because of the impending TF war, etc., HOWEVER ... I can think of several films that had CGI effects/characters throughout and somehow managed to "afford" it -- Pirates of the Carribean, StarWars Ep 1-3.

My guess? Someone didn't feel comfortable investing what was NEEDED to make this a great film, and yet again, decided to play it safe. Now, if the film works in the end (I hope it does), then I will praise them up and down. But we'll see.

18. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

well, the way i'm looking at this movie now is that this is just part 1 of 3, which is what i think they had intended from the start. and say the 3 films together run 7 hours and optimus comes in 40 mins into that 7 hour story, i think we're going to get more than enough of our transformers fill in the end. but the problem is, if ppl don't go see this cuz there's not enough transformers in this movie, then we might not get those second and third movies which will feature alot more of the transformers, but here's hoping for the sequals to really show what the transformers are all about and really give the fans what they want.

19. thankgodfor transformers

thankgodfor transformers Well-Known Member

So if it as bad movie, do we see it over and over so that they make another or do we risk them thinking that giving use crap will fly a second time? OK, I need to shut up and wait. I know I should like it either way. They really would have to mess this up for me not to like it. But I am sure I'd rather see a movie from the Transformer's perspective. When have we ever seen a Transformer's show any other way?

20. Super_Megatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If it makes money they'll do another one. If it doesn't no sequel. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.