domain base kits (mechanical chain base type display)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deruberhanyok, Sep 20, 2016.

1. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

I couldn't find anything about these in a newsletter or on the boards but wanted to point them out to anyone trying to build a display. The "Mechanical Chain Base" kits have been very popular and they're being reissued soon (there are pre-orders at HLJ) but I saw these on Captured Prey:

Domain Base Kits

It's the same concept but with a wider variety of parts. Tried googling around and it looks like these are new - google image searches and other queries aren't turning up anything outside of the Captured Prey listings.

Has anyone purchased any of these yet? For the price I'm tempted to pick a few up myself just to see how well they work.

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw these on Captured Prey as well. CG Domain base is what they show the name as. I may pick some as backgrounds for photos of my MP scaled bots.

3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl TFW2005 Supporter

The bought two of the "balcony" kits from CP and I haven't got the slightest clue on how to make those balconies as shown in the picture on the site.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What scale are they? 1/144?

5. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker TFW2005 Supporter

They are best used for 1/144 scale if you're using just one base. If you stack it, and take a macro portrait photo it'all be okay for larger 1/100 bots/armor/aircraft stuff.