Doing Davinci. Anyone else see this?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is a new series. It is kind of a cross between Monster Garage and Mythbuster. A group of builders (one is an engineer, a SFX guy, a carpenter, craftsman, guy who builds large scale art, etc) each week are given the task of building one of Leonardo DaVinci's inventions. These things are not known to ever have been actually built back then so this is the first time anyone has seen these brought to life. These are made to look exactly like his designs.

The scale of these things are HUGE so far. First episode they built DaVinci's tank, last episode (#2) they built one of his siege machines.

The tank was awesome. It kinda looks like an upside down top. Has cannons all the way around it so it can fire in any direction. Actually seeing one made and seeing the size of it and it actually work is amazing! Incredibly cool.

Last night they built a siege machine for crossing moats and castle walls. It is tower with a draw bridge you can raise and lower to get over the wall. This thing was HUGE!! Well over 25 feet tall and about 30 feet long on the bridge!

Great thing is both worked perfectly! DaVinci was a genius no doubt about it. These guys are incredible. They only (for the most part) use materials that DaVinci could have used. Lots of wood and metal. They use modern machinery to make the parts and cut the wood, but the parts are wood and metal.

It is on Monday nights at 9pm Central time (10PM eastern) on Discovery Channel.

2. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i watched last night and loved it. i wish i could have seen the one on DaVinci's tank, i had never heard of it before last night when i just stumbled upon it

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is it me or does the large scale art guy look like a cross between a mad scientist and a biker?

4. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

ROFL! yes he does, it's helarious!