Dogs and mics don't mix!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by flywheels, Apr 26, 2008.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So my wife and I were plugging away at the World Tour on Rock Band last night when my wife's stupid dog decides to sit down onto of the microphone's wire to chew the new bone he got earlier in the day. I was playing guitar so I couldn't bend down to move his bone, so my wife tried to kick it out of the way. Well it wasn't a few seconds later before we heard a loud pop in the TV's speakers. Yup, one bite and the dog severed the mic's cord! I tried splicing it back together with no luck. So I'm off to Best Buy later today to buy a replacement. Why or why didn't they make the 360 Rock Band controllers wireless?! At least he didn't get ahold of the Fender's wire or the drum's.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, he'd be better off biting the Fender's wire. That thing is garbage.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I have a wireless Rock Band guitar for my 360 :D 

I'm just still pissed I can't use the superior RB guitar on the GH games. Me likey the lower neck frets.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Compared to the Gibson? Not even. The strat is such a huge improvement over the GH controllers.

5. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer the GH wireless guitar actually. There is just something about the fret board on the RB guitar that I don't like. That and the extra nob below the whammy bar is annoying.

Anyone know if the Logitech USB mic for the 360 is any good? I love their wireless controller for the original Xbox.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I feel your pain man. I was a big Phantasy Star Online player back in the day. Even modded my Gamecube to play imports and ordered the Japanese PSO Episode 1 & 2. I even decided to order that hybrid controller/keyboard controller that they made for the GC only in Japan. Came home one day to find that the littlest dog had decided to chew it's cables(it has 2 controller cables, 1 for the controller part, one for the KB part).

To say I was pissed would be putting it lightly.It took everything I had not to haul off and kick the dog. The damn thing cost me nearly $100 to import. Luckily my half brother, whose good at wiring and stuff, was able to splice it back together, making it perfectly functional again.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I now see why you're a joke when you play Rock Band with me.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I've never played Rock Band with you..I don't even have a Gold account <_<

Also, the gibsons are so uncomfortable, they feel cheap, the fret buttons are bulky, spaced too far apart, the stock is far too round, etc.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, I meant Sky Shark. Whatever.

Gibsons are lighter weight, the fret buttons are closer, not as big as the Fender's, and the rounded edge isn't that bad.

Though I do wish the Gibsons would have the upper frets.

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

The Les Paul completely owns the Strat. By far. I like parts of the RB guitar, but overall no.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Microsoft charges a significant fee for hardware developers to use their wireless protocols. They didn't want the 360 bundle to be more expensive than the ps3 version, so they didn't pay it. Same thing happened with guitar hero 3.

EDIT: vvv It did?? Shit. I don't know what I'm talking about then.

12. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But the 360 GH3 bundle came w/ a wireless guitar...or are you referring to the GH2 bundles?

13. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woohoo! Got a new mic for the 360 for $7! Bought that crappy PS2 game, Boogie, on clearance @ Target and the mic is basically the same as the $30 Logitech version I bought @ Best Buy a few weeks ago. Gotta toss that crappy game in my eBay store now...