Doesn't anyone use a headset?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I love playing Escalation, but it requires teamwork. Which is hard to do without the ability to talk. I've only encountered one person with a headset, but it was in team deathmatch. Does anyone on here use a headset?

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Every game, yes.

I'm on Live.

3. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd use one, if I wanted to hear some 9 year old swear in my ear or some douche brag about how great he is. I only use mine with people I know. Unfortunately, none of them play WFC. That sucks, because I'm missing out on Escalation.

4. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    Similar to AllBurnedOut, I would normally use mine if my friends were on but I found there to be a little too much trash talking that it just got annoying.

5. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I'd use mine, except i can never get past NAT firewall garbage with my router (and the headphone barely works anyway)... don't mind chatting it up :) 

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm on PSN, same name as here without the space.

7. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I use one when I can. I am on PSN

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't really like talking to people I don't know so I don't use it often. Though that often goes hand in hand with not wanting to hear a 9 year old curse like a sailor.

I have been silently kicking myself for not using it more often in team based games.

10. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

It's pretty much the same for me. I usually keep my headset unplugged when I start playing a match, but if I see that there's some chatter going on, I'll slip in my headset during the loading screen or just whenever. Unfortunately, most of the times I have my headset plugged in it's just some guy trashtalking/swearing. I like to use my headset only with friends too, which is why I stay away from those random Escalation matches you can join.

11. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

I sometimes use mine just to filter out annoying players, the other night there was this kid who commentated on EVERYthing he did. Switched the headset on and left it off my ear for some peace and quiet :) 

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I do, but I usually go into an xbox live party so I can't hear anyone. (or I'm in one already)

13. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

I know man it gets irratating... No one ever has the their headsets on in the Escalation mode....

14. xxxx8BALLxxxx

xxxx8BALLxxxx Member

I use my headset in Escalation matches everytime I play, UNLESS.............. there is the dreaded kid who dont shut the hell up, singing as loud as possible (same wit screaming), cursing badly,telling you how to play, asking how old u are, what their fav cereal is etc.. (you all have experienced this), and the occasional duchebag. In MP I never use it only when my friends or my brother or daughter is on an we do party chat.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    For the record, my favorite cereal is currently Froot Loops, and yes I've earned a degree from college.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i hardly see anybody playing with a headset anymore

whats up with that?

17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to usually prefer only to talk to my friends but now I realize its dire importance in certain games like Escalation. This one Jazz player did not have his mic on the entire game and racked up nearly 4000 points, which we were begging him to spend on opening doors and activitating the Trypticon pulse thingy, but he never complied or responded. This made it harder on us as we had to manage spending points on these as well as ammo/health.

18. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must say Shadow that few people have actually lended me points in Escalation. And when they have, I've been sure to return the favor.

I also must note that people who old up to 1000 points will usually not open a single door. Yay.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    When ever I play escalation I try to make sure the health or over shield tank is basically full so if someone needs it they get get it right quick. NO ONE returns the favor despite how many times they see me fill it to 99% and walk away.

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only normally use it when in a private match, but I do have one.

And I've only played two Escalation matches so far (completely sucked at both of them.. I don't think we got past wave 6), I'm focusing more on traditional multiplayer right now, though that'll probably change soon, I don't have TOO much longer to go until I hit Prime Mode (Soldier's at 22, Scientist's at 17, the others are maxed)...

Unless, as said above, I end up getting really annoying players, though, I'll likely use my headset in every Escalation match after the disaster that was my first two. Even if no one else can talk back, that mode requires SOME kind of coordination....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010