Does your toys get scratched or damaged due to cramming up with one another?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by REMINATOR, Aug 31, 2012.

1. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just curious, not sure if I'm the only one or not, but does your toys get scratched or damaged due to cramming up with one another inside your display case or book case? I noticed my MP1, MP2, MP10, G1 reissues, have some sort of paint scratched or chrome wear because I'm cramming them up with one another. This is what of lack of space force me to do. I feel really bad since I don't play them other than for displaying and take out for review. So do you guys have this issue too? Here are two sample pics of my shelves:
    [​IMG]
    With the MP shelf, I'm starting to remove some figures off, just to give them some room.
    [​IMG]

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    If you are literally cramming them into each other, then I don't see why they wouldn't scratch.... Time to revise your display.

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I have all my pre-Movieverse figures in a Rubbermaid tub, and so far I don't see any signs of scratching.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Bwahahahaha, look at OP, he's crowd surfing. Yay! And Pipes...and Cosmos!

5. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Yea, just don't do that bro...

6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hm, from the feedback so far, looks like I'm the only one. Yeah, I would like to spread them out, but with wifey around, she's already complaining that my collection bookshelf and TF shelf took too many spaces as well the kid space, hehe.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

You have to thin out the herd. Pick the least desirable ones and box them. That's what I did with my BW figures and a majority of KOs, when my CHUG collection started getting crowded in the display case.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, no. While my shelves are getting a little tight on space in a couple places, there's no reason for any figure to be getting dinged and scratched (and I don't have to use fishing wire to keep them on the shelf).

9. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

I had about 30 figures stored basically on top of eachother for a while... I can't see any scratches at all.

10. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah, buy another bookcase or something. That would be cheaper than having to replace all of your figures.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    mine dont scratch and i have 8, 60 leter tubs cramed togther

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Figured out some specific themes or scenes and display a few at a time in that type of setting and alternate from time to time. And whoever doesn't fit the particular theme/setting gets regulated t o storage.

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I have had some instances of things touching and the paint coming off - mainly on Binaltechs. But it does not happen often. and the older ones seem pretty proof against it.

Pretenders shells can strip their paint off though if they rub.

14. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I packed up mine for moving my HA leadfoot got a scratch across the number when rubbing up against another in the box. Other than that I don't cram mine against each other so..

15. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

Ive had paint crack from just time my jetstorm vfrom bm chest cracked and flaking off anf his hasn't been moved in yrs but I've never had problems with paint we'll other then gps ever.I thought I packed my shelves but not like u in ur case id thin out and start a new shelf lol

16. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    simply laying them on top of each other and transporting would cause micro scratches. I hate micro-scratches and apparently they pass for mint anyway.

Anyway if it's bigger scratches and mostly paint you worry about would using future as a protectant be a possibility?

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Wow, Just WoW, You organized your transformers like that and didn't expect them to get scratches?
    Here's a suggestion, Try integrating the Mini-vehicles and smaller Transformers in with other figures.... and stick Eject in Blaster's Chest.... if he doesn't fit, display blaster with the tape door open and Eject sticking out of it mid-transformation. Anything smaller than a Standard Deluxe Figure can easily be displayed around leg-level of larger transformers. If there's still little to no elbow room for your figures, Put a few of them in vehicle mode and stick them up front. I'm noticing a great deal of "Crowd-Surfing" among your figures, Try arranging them Largest in back, smallest in front. Your masterpiece figures could use a little rearranging, too, instead of displaying them shoulder-to-shoulder, try to stagger them by turning them and overlap their shoulders. The Optimus primes can be used as display for Mini-Vehicles, just stand the little ones up on their shoulders.