does your fear of getting sick or dying get worse the older you get??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red leader, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Long thread title I know.

I'm only 28 but the older I get the bigger worrier I become, every little thing I get wrong with me or find I think I'm going to get serioulsy ill or die and then run around pulling up info on the internet that makes me worse :( 

Its bloody stupid I know and its getting worse the older I get, has anyone else ever felt lke this ??

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You're going to die no matter what, there's no point in fearing it other than making yourself nuts.

I used to worry too, until I realized this.

3. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    ha! good point, very good point :) 

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dodged a coupla issues already. I've already accepted that I might get caught up overseas one day, so I don't stress it. I'll probably be statistically safer the older I get.

5. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont really have a fear of dying. everyone dies...so its going to happen one of these days

what i find myself lacking day after day is the stupidity to do the stupid stuff i did when i was younger in fear of hruting myself or breaking a bone

ie: jumping a 10 set of stairs on a skateboard

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, I know that I could get in my car tonight and end up in a car wreck and die, so there is no need to be worried. Plus all my loved ones know I love them and vice versa, my wife is set in case something happens, and spiritually I am ok.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto. It's always "Hmm, I could do that, but that'd suck to get hurt like an idiot."

That and the lack of ability to run off of 4 hours of sleep for weeks at a time. If I try that now I end up falling asleep at my desk at work, sitting on the couch at home, etc.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If there is a solution, then why worry?

If there is not a solution, then why worry?

9. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    While I consider dying right now to be a huge inconvenience not only to me but to my family and my employer as well, if it happens, it happens.

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I am scared to die, it keeps me up at night.

I am also very scared that something will happen to my Kids and wife...like can't sleep at night thinking about it scared...

I understand that it will happen, I'm just bad at dealing with it.

11. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Yep.
    Do you have kids? It gets worse when you have them.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lost a best friend when i was 13, and for almost 10 years after that, i NEVER slept at night. NEVER. I slept on school buses, slept during lunch instead of ate, during the summers, i slept all day and remained awake at night and worried.

80 percent of that worrying has gone away. the main fear i have these days is the utter lack of control. in other words, I cannot fly on a plane.
    (and for youse that hop across the ocean to Australia or Singapore, damn you are bold.)

i still have moments where i just can't sleep, but i distract myself as much as possible. you'd be amazed how easy it is to forget mortality when you are on your third romp with a girl over the weekend and cruising the beach afterwards.

13. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Yep, this thought has kept me up late on occasion, and has since I considered what it really means around the age of 10. Recognizing the futility of stressing over it hasn't changed a thing either. For some reason though, it's just not the thought of "dying" that bothersome, but rather realizing I'll cease to exist - the distinction is somehow clear to me. Frankly, existing is what I do best.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nope.

15. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Mines actually going away the older i get haha! Only 24 but i'm getting tired of worrying over things i may not beable to even control or what not, let come what ever may i say.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of my closest friends fears death to no end, and he is only 29. I don't actually understand him, ESPECIALLY because he is extremely obese and doesn't take care of himself. One would think that if you feared death, you would take care of yourself a little better.

I don't fear death at all- I think we go to a better place. Whatever the case, I don't WANT to die via flesh eating insects, or being burried alive. And I don't WANT to become feeble and weak and forgetfull from old age, but not wanting something to happen to you is fine as long as you don't become fearfull of it and let it control you.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I do not fear death at all. In fact, I look forward to it. I wonder how I will die? I just hope it's not a painful death.

I have great news! If this is your biggest fear, you have nothing to fear as you will still exist! Although you may not like where you will exist.

18. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Death is pretty much an inevitable issue, no?
    So WHY THE FUCK spend your time living worrying about it???
    I will die, eventually or suddenly or both and it will of course be tragic and whatnot. But I WILL and so will ALL OF YOU and that's just the way it is, so there.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I die, i die. Not going to go do stupid stuff like pick up snakes, swim with sharks, pick up live electrical wires, etc. But if I died next week I'd be fine. If it is my time, it is just my time.

20. Czarcher

Czarcher Ruling Lands Far And Wide

Ebay:
    Ya ,dying will suck,and I do think it has become an issue the older I get. Frankly I've had a crazy life,and am somewhat suprised I've made it this far! I have a huge phobia of dying in a car,that's why I don't drive. I feel I'm either gonna kill someone or kill myself if I get behind the wheel. Even as a passenger in a car I get some anxiety.

But here's another question. If those of us who are worried about dying tomorrow, Why or what's the point of collecting?
    I guess my own personal answer would be that my collection will be a small nest egg for my kids.