Does Universe 2.0 Ravage fit in Soundwave reissues? Doesn't fit in original g1

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mweeuser, Jan 2, 2009.

1. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my Universe 2.0 Ravage this week, oh yeah, hound came with him too :) . Ravage is so awesome but when I tried to put him in my g1 soundwave I saw a little tab on the right side of soundwaves tape door that holds the tapes against the front of the door. The Universe ravage is noticably thicker than the original cassettes so it will not fit in g1 soundwave. However it will fit in Blaster because there isn't any tab. Does anyone know if they removed that tab in any reissue of soundwave? I can't bring myself to break off my g1's tab but my look at a reissue if it would fit. Anyone know?

2. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I dont have my TFC soundwave but for sure he fits in the 20th anniversary TRU dual cassette SW.

I put mine in my KO Cassette Man and it fits just fine.

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    From what I understand the Commemorative Soundwave, that was packaged in Classics style packaging, has a totally different door than the G1 figure. Not sure about any tabs on it. I don't have that figure yet.

4. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I've got Universe Ravage fit inside TRU Soundwave with another cassette, no problem. It is perfectly capable of fitting in a single-spaced Soundwave. There's photos to back it up, and the fact it can fit with a second cassette in the double-spaced Soundwave reissue should help support the claim as well.

edit: Of course! You have to put Ravage in with the Decepticon symbol facing inward. The front legs are molded in such a way as to provide clearance for tabs inside Soundwave's tape door. If you try it the other way it won't fit.

5. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Apologies for double posting. In experimenting with this more, Universe Ravage MUST be in the rear position in reissue Soundwave. The G1 cassettes are of course not designed with the same channels to let them fit around the tabs, so Universe Ravage plus G1 tape together are too thick with Ravage in front. Just as well, since there's little worth seeing on the tape mode there.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    With the faction symbol out and right side up, yes, the new Ravage will fit in a vintage G1 Soundwave, so any version of the toy works.

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    He fits into both my Hasbro Classics version with the double-wide Soundblaster door, and my TFC Hasbro bookstyle reissue with the original door. In the original version, he is tight, and you may have to fiddle with it, but if you place Ravage with his 'Con symbol outward and rightside up, it will fit.

8. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Does it Uni Ravage fit on Cyb Soundwave anywhere? I'd be interested to know that since I plan to use him as my Soundwave.

9. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Very unlikely since Cyb Soundwave's "Cassette" door is a different size and shape all together.