Does this strike anyone else as a shady way to deal?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Omnus, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Found a few auctions from a seller. Take a look at a couple of them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-G1-OVERLORD-SMALL-JET-SHOULDER-SHIELD_W0QQitemZ150031551535QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-G1-OVERLORD-BODY_W0QQitemZ150031522297QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This seller has done the same thing with all the other pieces to their broken Overlord (you'll have to check their other items to see).

Each one has the same starting price, GBP 4.99. For all the different pieces it would be coming out to GBP 45 (roughly US $84).

It's not even complete and is noted as broken in the listing for the main body. This just strikes me as a shady way to chisel out some more money for a broken toy (instead of listing all the parts together for a higher price, like US $50).

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I wouldn't call it shady, but it does suck for the buyer. I seem to see this all the time (especially with Fort Max and his pieces).

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What's shady about that? He parted it out. He can make more money, and it would be good for someone who only needs that single part.

People do this all the time.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it happens. For a rare guy like Overlord, it'll probably not help him much since most people after an Overlord would want a complete one from the word go, but there's nothing shady about it. It's how he chooses to sell his toy.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I bought my Overlord complete, and I'm glad I did. Some of them are sods to find.