Customs: Does this look proporitonal?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Conundrum, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    I would have just put this in non-TF mods but I've never really seen any w.i.p. threads there. If I have put this in the wrong section, I ask that a mod please move it. Thanks in advance if that's the case.

Anyways, my project over winter break is to articulate and repaint the 2010 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Dino Megazord. It's coming along fine so far but I'm questioning myself over the arm situation.

As you can see the new arm (courtesy of Cybertron Defense Red Alert) looks and works great, but I fear that it's almost too long. Maybe it's because the other arm hasn't been modded yet or maybe it's because it really is unproportional. I really haven't found any other arms that work well with this mold and because of a sliding joint I put into the upper arm, I can't shorten the section any.

So the question is, what do you guys think? Is it good proportionally or not?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It looks fine.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does it still transform into mammoth proportionately? If so then I'd say you got yourself a weiner.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Proportional? No. Not to human standards at any rate.

Though then again, i don't think proportion was ever really that important in giant robot toys.

If it gives it that much more articulation, and still transforms fine, go with it. Heck, i have no knowledge of the figure, but if it turns into a big mammoth, i wouldn't be surprised at a robot that had slighlty bigger arms. It's like asking whether X-Overs Hulk is in proportion or not. The answer is no, but he shouldn't be anyways.

5. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

nice work on the articulation, I think the arm looks fine, if it bothers you pose him heroicly and the pose should take away from any problems you might have. But I'd be very happy with that. It should balance well when the other arm is done I imagine.

6. ACofCA

ACofCA Autobot

Ebay:
    looks fine by me. try covering the small side and judging the other.

7. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else, i think it looks fine, but i think what you think is off has more to do with the size of his forearms to the shoulders. length is fine maybe bulk up his forearms a bit and new (bigger) hands will make it look awesome.

I bought this toy (freddies had it on sale for $8, couldn't pass it up) and want to do the same thing with it, so I'll be following your lead on this one.

Randy!