Does this feel Wrong

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by CloudFF7, May 27, 2012.

1. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that Raf and Miko's families still don't know the truth about the cybertronians? Does it feel wrong that the Bots and Fowler(and later June) are hiding what their children are doing?, despite all the dangers they face when they're with them. Miko almost died in a cave in and Raf was inches from death when he was dark energon poisoned, June was angry about this and seemed like she was going to tell, but then Bumblebee saved her and Raf and it got lampshaded after that. I give points to Jack for confessing in Crisscross, he said he never liked the keeping secrets and lying to his only family. Raf and Miko however have showed no such internal confliction, they like having they're secret clubhouse and feeling special, normalcy and home life is something they run away from. Which if you compare them to runaways or war orphans makes them seem like unappreciative petty brats.

2. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i don't care

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well aren't you a ball of fun.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it does feel wrong. Not that they're hiding what the children are doing, but that we haven't gotten to know Miko and Raf's life much outside of the base. I want to know more about Miko and Raf as characters. In season 1 they were pretty much just plot devices. Jack is the only one we've gotten a significant amount of development with.

5. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    Well, for now I guess. I have a feeling that they may show up in later episodes... I dunno

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

/thread

Seriously though, this is a necessary staple of almost every story about secret kid heros (even honorary ones like Raf and Miko) of any kind, ever. That they specifically broke that rule for Jack and June is impressive already.

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    If you don't care about this, why do you care about any threads?

Nobody's going to like you if you're so disagreeable and say "I don't care" all the time.

8. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

Well, there's a point where Miko will have to go home I mean, exchange students don't stay forever.

9. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Miko is just living with foster parents. Foster parents have varying degrees of how much they care about those under their care. Some will be like true parents (think 80s comedy Different Strokes), but others act like nothing more than a landlord, keeping a room open for the child, but otherwise not really giving a damn. Miko can probably be choked up to the later.

Raff on the other hand, has a very large family as he's said. He can shout and noone hears. Think of the Home Alone movie franchise. The family got on the plane before realizing the kid wasnt with them. I cant say its good parenting, on the other hand i cant say i know what it would be like to keep track of a large number of children.

Jack was the only one of the 3 who was close to his family, because it was just him and his mom.

10. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Which is honestly grist for the future character plot mill, but the writers won't take advantage of it.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

And then she can hang out with Drift.

12. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I don't care that their parents don't know, but do something with them. I mean, these are just kids, I imagine their parents will take some part of their lives eventually. I guess this all boils down to my main complaint about most things- If you are going to use something in a story, actually explore it's impact. Don't just drop tidbits and never bring them up again; it's just lazy writing.

13. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

XD

14. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

Or in print media.

15. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    That's not true, because if you didn't care, you would of ignored the thread and not commented. You cared enough to reply to this thread, and you cared enough to tell us you don't care.

16. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Miko says her foster parents are afraid of her, so if she's there, they won't be.

17. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Stereotype lol. Metal fan = child of Satan.

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I'm okay with it, but Miko and Raf need some character development one way or another. Miko is too often a joke machine and Raf is a deus ex machina, and that's about all the interaction they get.

All the same, I'm okay with them begin shoved in the background to give the robots more screen-time. All the same, I want them to be in the show more, if they can add something good to the story/plot.

19. Sso02V

News Credits:
    They've planted the seeds for character development. The way Raf freaked out and just sorta balled up when Miko and Jack were arguing in Darkness Rising Pt.4 speaks volumes about his home life. Not to mention all the time he spends at the base.

20. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I feel like the children live on the base permanently. I find it strange, especially, about Rafael: how come, that nobody has mentioned their absence still?