Does this bother you too?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jersey_Steel, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Galvatron would have been a better villain than Megatron if he stayed like he was in the movie, but his mannerisms in season 3 made him more of a joke to me. Besides, to me it seemed like once Megatron was transformed into Galvatron he had a newer sence of purpose. He vaporized Starscream in the movie because he knew that's what he needed to do to regain his troops.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'll give Prime Megatron credit for his turnaround with Unicron. He made one attempt to serve him, was blown off, and his response to that was to kill Unicron.

The submissive to a greater power Megatron is thankfully rare though. Animated, Beast Wars, RID, and Unicron Trilogy all had Megatrons that would never grovel or serve anyone else.

3. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I agree - hence the disclaimer (until he went crazy). He was still scary the first few eps in Season 3 to me. After that though he did become quite ridiculous and hard to take serious as a threat. Galvatron was also subservient to Unicron, so in a way he was still much like Megatron. Megatron really should have vaporized Starscream much earlier.....of course if he had then he would not have been dumped unceromoniously into space......I guess what they say about hindsight is true, eh?

Of course what it really boils down to is that they couldn't kill off Starscream in the first 2 seasons because they were still marketing his toy. Once his toyline was replaced they could give him his (very just) desserts.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Yeah it does bother me. I hate both those Megatrons for many other reasons too. I like the David Kaye ones and even the G1 one better.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like Galvatron better overall, anyway. He was more interesting to me and had what I thought was a better look.

But I agree he came off much better in the movie than the cartoon. Aside from the stuff mentioned, though, the biggest problem I have with season 3 & 4 Galvatron is that Welker did a ridiculously unthreatening voice for him, especially compared to Nimoy in the movie, but even compared to Welker himself doing Megatron in seasons 1 & 2. Welker Galvatron sounds like a pushover. He's supposed to be stronger, but Welker made him sound weaker, imo.

6. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    In my opinion G1 Megatron is the weakest one! "Retreat!" should not be a common phrase for the evil leader of the Decepticons! Sure he stood up to Unicron, but that's about all he did to show how he doesn't give in.
    Prime Megatron just feigned his allegiance to try to gain power with Unicron, and the moment Unicron refused, Megatron did all he could to destroy his ass! I can't comment on Beast Wars since I haven't seen it, but that Megatron seems to be a true bad-ass. Movie Megatron is my personal favorite and he never retreated until he had half of his face blown apart! He killed Prime, wiped the floor with him in the first film, and proved to be a powerful warrior and intelligent schemer. Armada Megatron retreated, but wasn't nearly as embarrassing about it.
    I don't hate G1 Megatron by any means, but hes easily the weakest version of the character.

7. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Prime Megatron is probably the strongest portrayal of the character in my opinion. He's smart, his plans are pretty genius, he kept Starscream in line when he returned, he pounced on an opportunity when he found one and he was easily a match for Prime.

I also like Movie Megatron. Despite not being the strongest, and not even being the main villain in ROTF and DOTM, he wouldn't retreat until the job was done, was brutal, easily kept Starscream in line and his plans weren't even that bad, his troops were just incompetent and couldn't pull it off. Plus, his design and voice acting is pretty good.

8. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

Doesn't really bother me since I disregard Bayformers, and I don't even bother with Prime.

BF Megatron was one of, if not the, weakest version of Megatron I've seen. Somehow his portrayal got worse with each movie. In the first one he killed Jazz and was kinda intimidating, but went downhill from there.

The 86' movie changed my perception of G1 Megatron, mostly because he was able to seize Cybertron, and killed a few Autobots including Optimus Prime.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You're missing out. Megatron in the G1 comics, especially in the Furman-written IDW comics, is a badass.

Another indomitable warrior who submits to no-one is TFA Megatron, who is my favorite interpretation of the character.

10. entITy

entITy G 1

I might be the only one here to say this, but G1 Megatron in the TFTM movie was ruthless.

How many autobots did he kill in that movie lol...I mean blowing ironhide head off grasping his feet just after he blew holes in others chest..."heroic nonsense" brap !

Plus when he became Galvatron he wasted no time killing starscream "bad comedy...heres a hint !" brap...lol...I admit him getting thrown into space at end was lol but season 3 and 4 he was so nuts it was funny...insane galvatron >

I like g1 series Megatron even though he had his LOL moments...but yeah TFTM Megatron/Galvatron >

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That was his arc. He got progressively weaker and more desperate as the movies went on and his defeats and injuries added up. I kind of liked that to the point I was almost rooting for him as an underdog in DotM. Weaker, yes, but tenacious. He hung on in the face of worse and worse odds.

12. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Isn't it technically Starscream who got the kills considering he was using Megatron as a gun?
    I mean, Starscream shot Brawn in the shoulder, killing him (weakling), one of the Constructicons shot down Prowl and then Starscream killed Ratchet and shot down Ironhide.

13. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Although Starscream shot Megatron, Megatron gets the kills as it's his power that is being shot. I really want to read the IDW comics, but I can't reference them since I haven't. Maybe I should change it to me being a G1 person instead of narrowing it down to the cartoon. Megatron almost had the Autobots on their way off of Earth in season 1, that is until that damn Telatron 1 discovered that Megatron cheated when he beat Optimus. lol

14. entITy

entITy G 1

I forgot to mention TFTM Megatron killed Prime also. What other Megatron killed Prime?

LOL although some would say Primes crap talking for minutes instead of blasting mega gets 1/3 credit...

And most people blame hot rod for the other 1/3...some give him more %...but lay off Hot Rod, he was just trying to help. If Prime had the guts to simply kill him at the time, that would have never happened. Plus Rodimus save the day...I heard a TF creator or something say "R Prime was gay indeed"...a messed up statement in more ways than one.

I got tired of R Prime whining about being leader too, but Prime whined too, I remember Ironhide, Spike and Bumblebee gave him pep talks alot in g1.

With all this R Prime sucks talk, I got 2 words of somebody who looks boss but was WEAKER...Ultra Magnus.

15. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

BF Megatron, if you're counting one-on-one combat. But to me that accomplishment was negated by Prime killing Megatron in like 2 seconds in BF3.

16. entITy

entITy G 1

Ok thank you. What does BF mean? Is that a series like Energon or ??? I am new to anything after g1 tbh.

17. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

Bayformers lol

18. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

With regards to TF: Prime's Megatron, it's not really cowardice so much as the dark energon effecting him.

And really, openly showing defiance to a being so powerful that they might as well be a god would be a really damn stupid thing to do, wouldn't you think? Megatron has a massive ego, sure, but I doubt it would get in the way of his own sense of self-preservation.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He means 'BayFormers', as in, the live-action movies. It took me a few seconds to figure out what he meant, too.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Megatron not only blew Optimus Primal up, but damn near killed G1 Optimus too.

Armada Megatron's Hydra Cannon shattered Armada Optimus Prime, although he wasn't the one who fired the shot.

Movieverse Megatron killed Optimus Prime in ROTF.