Does this bother anybody else?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I know at first this will seem like a minor issue that isn't worth making a thread about, but it's been bothering me for quite a while and nobody seems to have been taking notice to this problem (At least from my point of view, it's a problem).
    Does it bother anybody else that everyone is just too shiny?
    Seriously, everybody in the game seems like they've just come out of the auto shop and car wash, and were built 10 days ago.
    It really doesn't seem like they've been fighting a war for a few million years.
    It really affects the character to me, because, for example, Bumblebee looks green in the gameplay we've seen just because he's too shiny.
    It really just does not fit.
    I know that recently we've seen some gameplay where the characters aren't that shiny, but still, Grimlock is shiny, Bumblebee is shiny, Megatron is shiny, etc.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    noticed it. slightly bothered by it

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

They're trying to make the characters easier to see (a problem I occasionally have in WFC). You can choose how shinny your custom character is in multiplayer. I wonder if maximum shine will blind the entire map (and probably yourself)?

4. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Its doesnt bother me and grimlock has just had is circuits ripped out and replaced with new armour so of course he will be shiny

5. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    No, I think maximum shine will just be as shiny as Bumblebee or Grimlock.

6. zemega

zemega Well-Known Member

They're not made of metal from our planet. Their skin, I mean plates(?) have the godly shininess, unaffected by rustness, and no particle can ever hope to stick and build up on their plates. lol.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I was joking.

8. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    After reading this , I went and rewatched some of the gameplay and I agree. They just seem to be metallic and alot more so than WFC. It does annoy me

9. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Being shiny, nope. For me it isn't too shiny.

10. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    Uh no... thats one of the best things they have improved on which is the color and making the different paints and metals really stand out. As someone said before you can choose to make your character shiny or dull like everyone is in WFC. I think that the glossy finish looks great, they can rebuild themselves and get new paint jobs even if they have been at war for millions of years.. that doesnt necessarily mean that they cant repair themselves with a nice finish. Optimus and Megatron had time enough to treat themselves to completely new bodies during the war.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Graphics are far from either of the game's strong point, but I'd rather they be shiny then have the awful textures from WFC that look like they pulled them out of an early xbox title.

Also, they're shiny, but they're still covered in scratches and stuff, dude. They hardly look brand-new. And what if they did? Have you never heard of a body shop? Hell, getting replacement parts alone would mean they looked brand new.

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    What about the Sea of Rust? The ancient titans are all rustified!
    Also, Matt Tieger said they're including Bronze in the game.

Well what about Bumblebee? Or the Insecticons?
    And the problem isn't just continuity, it's just ugly and annoying. Like how Bumblebee is suddenly green-looking.
    I prefer when they aren't shiny and have some actual wear-and-tear on them.
    And I'll be happy to keep my Metallics Bar as low as possible in MP.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really. Metal is shiny, it can't be helped. At least everyone doesn't look brand spankin' new;)  Battlewarn/battle scars are on everyone, and each nick, slash or ding gives everyone character.

What bothers me about WFC and FOC designs are the stupid faces HMS has worked into everyones designs:mad  Why does Bumblebee need a face in his back? Why does Starscream and the other seekers need a Decepticon symbol worked into their designs? They wear their insignias proudly; there's no reason to subtly or overtly work their respective insignias into each and every design.

Other things I dislike about HMS designs are the moving parts that move for NO REASON whatsoever. Pumps movie up and down randomly look stupid. It we saw tires spin with movement of this way or that, like in the live-action movies, I wouldn't say a thing about it, but pumps moving up and down, serving no purpose what so ever, makes Cybertronians look more like machines than living beings to me. I also don't like the Mr. Universe design that nearly all characters have. People knock G1 around quite a bit, dogging this or that, but G1 at least gave us some variety in body types. I wish HMS would consider slimming down some characters next time around, as everyone doesn't need to look like their on some form of Energonroids.

14. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    But the metal didn't used to be so shiny on everybody. It looked good in WFC.
    I don't mind the moving parts, I think it looks neat.

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    In WFC they were only using one metal type making the game look boring the metal they used was shiny and all other metals ARE shiny

16. silverbolt07

News Credits:
    Well, Cybertronians are both living and they are machines, The random parts moving gives them a sense of life than t]just being a typical stiff and boring robot.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recall them being defined as living machines in the 80s but are they still being called that now? I thought they were being defined as alien lifeforms with biology.

I think we'll just have to accept our disagreements about the random moving parts as a sign of life or machine--we're aren't going to agree;) 

Funny how no other continuity of Transformers had random moving parts. I know this is HMS thing, but its one of a few things they've introduced that I'll never like, at least not as it is presented.

18. silverbolt07

News Credits:
    Bee looked green-ish because if you noticed, his armor was reflecting the lighting around him. The sea of rust is filled with dead cybertronians who are in fact dead and rust over the years because they cant repair themselves right? I think High moon is just showing off the new graphics by improving the colors which was one of the biggest complaints from fans. Metals look like metals should and when they reflect light they become shiny. Everything in WFC looked so bland especially for the decepticon chasis, the colors were terrible. The maps were boring too (color wise) but its good that we have options to change the level of metallic shine, I bet a lot of people will most likely make shiny builds. I will finally make silverbolt shiny silver!

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I can see it know people running around as gold optimus prime

20. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    lol Yup, like they just found the Golden Lagoon! :) 
    On topic though, i don't mind if they look shiny, personally i don't think they look too shiny and i kind of like how FOC makes them look more like metal than WFC did. The moving parts thing .... it's not something i'm crazy about but it's neat i guess but like Transformed said, the whole working the aligned allegiance symbol into the bodies is something i don't like. At first in WFC it was pretty cool but then it pops up on almost all characters and it's just a little over done imo. :2c: