Does The Unleashed Paint Go Off?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumbled, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Bumbled

Bumbled New Member

Well first of all hi! I'm new here but very few of you may know me from Seibertron.

So my first topic basically says it all.

Does the Unleashed Transformer toys paint peal off?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Welcome to the boards!

I don't have any Unleashed toys, but I'd hope not!
    I've not heard any reports of this from reading the threads on them in the Feedback forum or anywhere else on the boards either.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I would guess not, since they're supposed to be for display and not for touch. But I guess if you really tried, I would. I would just keep them in the box, nice view from there, anyways

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Oh... it's you. Heh.

Paint can be peeled from any toy, really, if you don't know how to handle them with any care. And no Transformer item has perfect QC. There's no particular reason why the Unleashed would be any better or worse than your average Deluxe. Usually, rampant wear is often because of the environment or care, not "so-and-so is a lot worse!"

5. Bumbled

Bumbled New Member

So your saying even the non-collectors can peal. That strange my Voyagers and Deluxes don't peal...

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The police logo on the doors of my deluxe barricade is peeling off.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Can and do are two different words. Paint peeling, as I said, can occur on any of these. That doesn't mean they're going to spontaneously peel while sitting on your shelf. It doesn't mean that your movie toys are going to instantaneously peel or rub off when you touch them either.

Certain paint apps, like logos, tend to peel more often or are just more noticeable when they do (since they're usually on the plastic directly). But certain types of figures (Unleashed stuff, for example) don't have higher risk of peeling than others just because. When there is a difference, it's going to be because of the type of wear it gets (sitting on a shelf versus kicking Decepticons off your bed) and the material of the base. Metal is generally worse to paint on than plastic, because plastics are porous and hold the paint in better. That's why Titaniums were so terrible (that, and a lack of experience in such designs) at looking like crap even unopened.