Does the marketing for this seem lame?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by encline, Dec 11, 2008.

1. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

Personally i think the watchmen will blow... it looks like a bunch of crap to me... Also who the hell reads comics anymore other then Mother's basement dwelling weirdos...

Cry about it comicbook fans..

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if you're a hungry fan.

3. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Uh, that's...very interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that Watchmen is one of the most heavily-marketed tentpole releases of early 2009, that it's getting huge amounts of mainstream buzz, and is being forecast as one of next year's big blockbusters. Which is why I was saying it would be a good opportunity to push a Transformers trailer. Not sure what your little tirade was for, or who it was aimed at; I'm not even a comic-book fan. :confused: 

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

Awesome bro. You going to the Delta Iota Kappa kegger on Friday night? That shit will be so cash. Peace out, homie-g.

[​IMG]

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do not know about others, but I am not so much upset as "think it's a bad idea."

Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does. ~Steuart Henderson Britt

6. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

What does posting my profile pic in this thread have anything to do with what i said buddy??? Unless your take offence to my comment?? Did i hurt your feelings? Aww im sorry..

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I read 'em.

My dealer is a great guy, also. Held my pull list for me the entire time I was in Afghanistan, and then again when I was in Iraq.

But I'm sure I'm still not as awesome as you and your party hands and your girlfriend you can't tell about being on this site. Seriously. Nowhere near as awesome as you.

8. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

:lolol  And we have a winner!

9. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    also if they are going to advertise the movie during the superbowl, its going to cost them almost 3 million. so waiting till that date is a reasonable date to start all the advertising for the movie. also it still allows most of the TFM fandom to get and anticipate the movie. and once the trailer is released then time will go by faster until the movie release date.

10. decepticonjon

decepticonjon japness for balls

comics are for loooooooooooosers. [​IMG]

11. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pfft, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan is not as hardcore as white dudes and gang signs. G-g-g gang signs.

12. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    flawless victory to squirrelcar

13. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    First of all, you have the right to think something will blow, sure, but to assume everyone who reads comics is a "Mother's basement dwelling weirdo" is kind of an unnecessary blow to your own idiotic beliefs. (Like thinking your girlfriend wouldn't approve of you visiting this site) Do you read transformer comics?

I can't help that you don't realize that Watchmen is thought of as one of the best novels of all time, that's right it's not only one of the best graphic novels(comics to you) but it's one of the best NOVELS of all time. It was written in 1985 I believe so even if someone had "grown" out of reading comics there's probably a good number of people who want to see the movie.

14. retty132

retty132 Member

Unless you're going to need the advertising there's no point.
    With a movie like Cloverfield it was built up with suspense, it wasn't to see a good movie is why the audience went, it was to cure their curiosity.
    With good movies they have no reason to waste money on advertising when it's not needed. When three months before the movie the advertising starts then the hype will start. The movie will sell itself.