does the japanese cut has TAKARA in the intro?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KA, Jul 27, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the intl version has hasbro, so im curious whether the jpnese version has good ol takara.

some dudes at my theatre was like 'woohoo! hasbro!' i wonder if some the otakus go 'takara! banzai!' or sumin.

2. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Takara was gone.... well, I think TakaraTomy didn't contribute much this time. The movie is mostly a co-op between Paramount, Dreamwork and Hasbro (TT doesn't even have their logo on the international packages)

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, i understand how licensing rights work. but i was expecting the jpnese distributors would tack on a takara screen shot or sumin for some reason.

4. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know Tomy is mentioned in the closing credits under "Special Thanks to" (& I'm sure it was the company, not just some random dude name Tomy.) :p 

Didn't see Takara though, but it must be in there somewhere... I mean, without Takara there'd be no Transformers. :cry 

5. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    But Transformers as a franchise was invented by Hasbro... so I dunno why Takara would have anythint to do with the movie.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Takara appeared to have little to do with the movie beyond their usual role of working with Hasbro to engineer the toys.

I believe the only thing I've read about them ever saying about the movie was the president of Takara stating (in the Hasbro/Dreamworks press release in 2005) that they were very excited that the Transformers were going to become a live action movie. And then they didn't seem to say anything for the next year and a half.

7. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    They provided the G1 toys overseas and allowed Hasbro to redeco and market them as.... "THE TRANFORMERS"!!!!111!!!

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Both of you be quiet. That is not what this thread is about.

There was a Takara reference in the movie itself, you had to be uber 1337 to spot it.

9. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

If by "allow" you mean Hasbro paid them then yeah. Thank you captain obvious but the point is that Takara had nothing to do with the actual creative creation of the TF name, characters, mythos, or either movie. If anything, the credits would read "Inspired by Hasbro's Transformers, which were inspired by Takara toys," but thats just wierd.

Hmm, I thought this was the thread about the appearance of Takara in the credits. My bad :)