does the Great Wars=World Wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Dec 16, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

by that what i mean to aks is this

could one in thier way look at the great wars aspect of the transformers mythos as bieng in its way a fictional counterpart to the World Wars of our 20th century?

way i heard it explained over time when it comes to peter cullens characteerization of optimus prime he based primes character on that of his brother wh ohappens to be a real life marine

when it comes to the reality of war during the time of the worldr war era of our 20 century

when it comes to the selfless and heroic sacrifices that men and women made at the time in the fight for life and for freedome

i believe that we could see them as being in their way the true autobots of their time

to be honest as a lifelong transformers fan i believe that as fictional heroes go a person like optimus prime has every bit of the uncompromising grit, tenacity, iron clad willpower, determination and guts of any one of our boys who has ever lived fought and died while shedding thier blood and guts and sweat and tears in fighting the good fight for us all in making the ultimate selfless sacrifice that all true heros are capable of making in the end

2. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Yea I guess that would make perfect sense.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

in its way who knows how much of a sublt influence our 20th century world wars era has had o nthe transformers fictional mythos over the years

Pax Cybertronia - Transformers Wiki

The reluctance of the Predacons and their subservient role in the new world is also somewhat reminiscent of a post-WWI Germany, which was forced to pay excessive reparations and was restricted in its weapons development,

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I think it was just one Great War, a Civil War that lasted THOUSANDS of years.

Also, this is just from my perspective, but the Preds on the whole were NOT actually all going to war with the Maximals, it was just Megatron and his band of cronies who stole the Darkside/Darksyde and they broke away from the main Predacon group. The only real action the Tripedacus council did was to send Ravage.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

to be honest as i can understand it for myself the predacons as a race are treated as second/third class citizens possibly with them as a race falling somewhere between being the oppressors and the oppressee where there decepticon ancestry is concenred and thier being treated as being less then equals among thier fellow cybertornians where the maximal govenrning body is conerned

i dont know if this would be the best way to word it though

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Not really a world war, there was not nations pitted against nations...they had some "City States" but as the war tore on ....all that collapsed and basically just became a war of two sides...decepticons vs autobots...and cybertron and other planets the battle fields...so maybe a "universe war".