Does the '86 movie come before Season 3 of G1? (please help!!!!)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jul 18, 2009.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Did the '86 movie come out before season 3 of G1? I was wanting to watch the first episode of season 3 (The Five Faces of Darkness, part 1) and the begining starts at the end of the movie. I'm wondering because I just got done watching season two and it doesn't set up: Autobot City, Kup, Ultra Magnus, Blurr, Hot Rod, etc. Is the list I have of episodes wrong or is it just really bad story linking?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yes, the Movie comes between seasons 2 and 3.

3. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Well, thanks, but there is A LOT of plot holes between 2 and TFTM and random characters that come in, which is sad. It looks like I'll go watch the movie b4 season 3.

Thanks

4. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

I think the Japanese have made Scramble City as the continuation from Season 2 before it gets into the movie, to explain how the movie Autobots came and the creation of Metroplex and oddly enough Trypticon:

Season 1
    Season 2
    *Scramble City
    The Movie
    Season 3
    Season 4

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

There are plot holes between seasons 1 and 2 also. Like how some of the new Autobots just suddenly show up out of nowhere, and everyone acts like they were there all along. Just roll with it :) 

6. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Well I just started the '86 movie and the narrator said that the year is 2005. Season 2 takes place in 1985 so I guess it makes since now concidering, I forgot about this, but Spike is all grown up and he has a son. I just wish the characters got more introduction, but what can you do that was 25 years ago.

Thanks DarkDranzer, I'll look into that.

7. DarkDranzer

No probs, try going onto YouTube or check to see if they deliver internationally for Scramble City, it's quite rare I think. Or you could get the holographic TF: TM cover, I think it's got it there.

You should thank Chris McFeely, if it wasn't for his input in the Movie commentary I wouldn't have known about it lol :D 

8. rainlynx

rainlynx Member

you could watch it on youtube for free. type in Optimus Prime death and that should lead you to the right way and path. the movie is in several parts LIKE PART 1 TO PART 7.

. BE WARNED THE MOVIE IS VERY SAD, IF YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH MOST OF THE ORIGINAL AUTOBOTS GETTING KILLED AND MEGATRON KILLING OPTIMUS PRIME, STAY AWAY!!!

9. rainlynx

rainlynx Member

Oh Cool. i never knew they had a prequel to the 1986 Movie. Just watched it. I guess it makes a little more sense leading to the 1986 Movie.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't really think Scramble City was ever intended to have anything directly to do with the movie, other than featuring Ultra Magnus. It's a blatant toy commercial with minimal plot.

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    It does say 20 years later though. So season 2 ends, 20 years pass then the movie happens. You have to use your own imagination to fill in the blanks.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well the date of the show jumps from 1986 to 2005......so what you expect? also there were several transformers left on cybertron when the main autobots and decepticons left, so they could have been transferred over later on

13. DarkDranzer

Well it's an option or a theory if you will about what happened, you can take it as your own canon or not but I don't think there's much solid evidence backing it up (the Trypticon one is a dead giveaway).

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What I mean is, personally, I think TFTM makes just as much sense regardless of whether I've watched Scramble City or not.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, the funny thing is, over the last twenty-five years, there has been SO MUCH Japanese fiction - comics, mostly, with the odd cartoon or story told through prose in toy leaflets - which has been set between the end of season 2 and the movie, and yet still, none of it actually sets up the movie! The closest any of its gets is the vague discussion of the founding of Autobot City. Nothing about how the Decepticons take over Cybertron, no stories about how any of the new characters arrive on Earth....

16. DarkDranzer

I guess all we have to do is either wait for the Word of God to tell us what happened (don't think that's gonna happen in the near or far future) or search for the reclusive well written fan-fic (they do exist, though you may need to use the Way Back Machine in order to find 'em)

17. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, it is odd that that gap's just there, and nobody has ever shown any interest in filling it even after 20 years of ancillary fiction. I mean, you've got this influx of new Autobot and Decepticon characters, Cybertron being conquered by the Decepticons, the Autobots being forced back to the moon bases, Spike growing up and having a kid... you'd think there'd be a lot of scope to elaborate on those details, but no-one has!

It's like the fact that nobody has ever covered Megatron's conquest of Cybertron between Beast Wars and Beast Machines, either, nor the evolution of the G1 universe into the BW universe. Strange how everyone seems content to stick to largely to the same "Cybertronians arrive on Earth" part of the story, when there's all these fairly epic chapters which have remained barely sketched out for decades...

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Yes it does.

19. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I own the movie, and I've seen it many times. I just wanted to watch it for recolection.

20. DarkDranzer

Well, as farfetched as it may seem, there are individuals across the globe who haven't seen the original '86 film :)