Does TF Prime get better after the first arc?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MaxGoof, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    My wife and I -LOVED- Transformers Animated with a passion, but weren't exactly thrilled with the first arc of Prime. In fact, she refused to watch it at all after episode 3 so I finished the arc myself. Does this show get a lot better further in the season? If so, is there an episode we can jump to when it gets good?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Trust me dude. It gets WAY WAY better with each new episodes coming in including the ever so fantastic season finale!!!!!!!!

3. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    The majority of the season was episodic, though there were a good few stand-out episodes like 'Predatory', 'T.M.I' & 'Stronger, Faster' (those are the ones off the top of my head).

If it's a top-notch arc you're after, i'd say jump to the last 4 episodes, starting with #23 'One Shall Fall' - they make for one of the best (first) season finales in a TF show ever (IMO)!

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The majority of TV shows get better after each season, and I hope that it does with TF: Prime. I just really want the episodes to be useful and follow a story or objective, so the episodes aren't episodic like in Season 1 and that things don't just return to the status quo after every Cybertronian device mysterioiusly lands on Earth and gets destroyed after 5 minutes.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Honestly, I'd suggest just continue on from the end of the first arc for a few episodes. Keep in mind, the first arc was just that - one story. It would be like judging all of TFA after only watching Transform and Roll Out (which, I loved it, but it wasn't directly indicative of TFA's scope of character and storytelling).

That being said, definitely watch Scrapheap, Con Job, Deus Ex Machina, and Predatory before you fully judge the series. Personally, I wouldn't narrow it down to just those four, but if you want a good cross-section of the early episodes, those are some of the best. It really gains its legs as of the Sick Mind/Out of His Head story, too. The second half of the season blows you away between the characterization on storytelling.

6. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I mean if it does get too episodic then it's a problem. But considering what we've heard from the creators I think we're in for a big treat!:thumbs2: 

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    You probably should watch it all the way through, but if you really want to cut to the meat, watch "Partners" and the final four episodes.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just pick out the episodes that you think would be interesting to her. A lot of the middle of the first season wasn't bad, but wasn't outstanding either, unlike the last few episodes. So just choose what you think is the best episodes and let her watch the season finale. That's just my opinion.

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

1. Character development (specially for certain japanese annoyance)
    2. No more Mcguffin episodes, but one or two episodes when the bots need to use the ones already recovered as the only way to save the day.
    3. More Soundwave epic moments.

10. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

Sounds like you guys are too stuck to Animated. Loosen up a bit and try it. It's a great show and I enjoy it more than Animated.

I would suggest watching most of the season. Quite a few of the episodes were pretty episodic and I could do without like Shadowzone and Speed Metal. HOWEVER, if you don't watch the season finale then shame on you because it's amazing.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    If you're anything like me, you'll enjoy 'Speed Metal', 'TMI', 'Faster, Stronger' and little else. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

When you're 26 episodes in and can't find a single good guy you like to watch, it's hard to care about the show.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Does it get better? Not really. I thought the mini-series set a good standard, but I didn't think any of the later episodes really surpassed it. What you see in those first 5 episodes is a pretty good sampling of what you can expect for the rest of the season.

The only thing I can think of possibly improving it was the introduction of Knockout. I thought Deus ex Machina was a decent episode for that reason.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Depends really on taste. Prime is either a like it or don't.

It's a serious and dark show that's boring or it's a serious and dark show and it's awesome for it.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But of course it does.

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't find it particularly dark or serious to be honest.

I don't really think it's been all that polarising either. Certainly not as much as the Bay movies, or Animated. I half-like it. It's definitely a vast improvement over most TF Shows pre-Animated. At the worst, it's still watchable. Not exactly re-watchable, but I've at least been engaged enough to check out each episode once. It's good enough that it can be a little frustrating when it falls short of its potential or makes questionable choices. Overall I'd say it's good, but not great.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Sorry but I wouldn't call a show which contents include killing off a character onscreen in a violent way,have serious human drama,had one of the autobots almost give in to her bloodlust,and having a child almost biting the bullet exactly lighthearted. But It's your opinon after all so it's cool.

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    It's better than Animated, watch it. And it does get better with each episode.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the Darkness Rising episodes were a bore. It got interesting after that though.

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed.

20. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

It starts to get better in the mid teens, but I myself, really am not a fan of the over exposed Arcee and Bulkhead. They are OK, I like them enough, it's just for a show called Transformers Prime, it seems like Optimus gets the least screen time. The other two familiar bots, Bumblebee and Ratchet, well, BB still don't talk, and Ratchet (who is my favorite in the show) while he gets the best lines IMO, he's also not in it as much. Now for the human characters, the girl is flat out ridiculous. Jack was a bit blah, but when his mother become a more prominent character, he grew on me. But the little guy, Raf, kind of reminds me of a younger, cartoon version of Timmy McGee from NCIS, and that's not a bad thing in my eyes.

But when it comes to the Decepticons, you'll always be entertained! Starscream is a riot!