Does Takara carry any of Hasbro's other brands.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Does Takara liscense anything from Hasbro. like Kreo,Starwars,G.I Joe. Cross overs,board games,Rescue bots.

If Takara doesn't liscense any of Hasbro's brands. Is hasbro allowed to sell any of their brands in Japan using the Hasbro name on the stuff.

Hasbro distributes their brand all over the world. Has Takara made japan off limits for Hasbro.

I can understand the need to prevent hasbro from selling transformers toys in japan. How about other hasbro brands that are not Transformers related.

From my understanding the China region and Australia. sell Hasbro and Takara Transformers products in retail stores.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes! According to ye olde wikipedia, Takara-Tomy also sells Hasbro's Play-doh, Jenga, and Monopoly lines (among other products).

3. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    TOMY is the Japanese distributor for Hasbro's Star Wars products, but they stopped distributing to retail stores when they merged with Takara. Now, TakaraTomy only distributes a select few "Vintage Collection" figures through online retailers, and Star Wars stuff can't be found in department stores here (nor even Toys 'R' Us). :mad 

As a Transformers collector, Japan is the best place to be;
    as a Star Wars collector, it's the worst. :banghead: 

4. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

Blythe