Does spare change lying around drive anyone else nuts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My family as a habit of amassing large amounts of change. The coins end up in the small compartments in the cars near the drink holders, in the washing machine, in the numerous crystal dishes we have, and on any surface that they can be put on after being taken out of their pockets. Hell, I even found 13 dollars in singles and a 5 dollar bill in addition. Is anyone else's house like that, or do you have Parents that do that kind of thing? It just drives me nuts, even though it's not MY money, I couldn't help but want to put them in a semi-organized state in individual dishes (pennies, nickels, dimes, quaters, and euros/tokens/half dollar/dollar coins/etc). It just drives me insane that whenever I look on a desk or on the small bar on the mirror upstairs I find change everywhere x_x;;

2. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i can't stand change sitting around. my wife likes to put it in the cup holders in the car. i tell her, "if i find it it's going in my pocket" then she gripes cause i take it, lol. i finally put a cup on my nightstand and my wife puts it in there for me to organize. i use the change to buy stuff i want like games or movies.

3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

fill a culligan water bottle full of change and youll be well off on gas for a while. lol.

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

My wife and I have several jars that go towards different things that we place our change and small bills in. We went out for a very nice dinner a few weeks ago on just our change.

5. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

You would hate me so much if you saw my computer desk before I cleaned it today. It was a huge mess, and when I moved everything on top...I found there to be a ton of change all over the desk (easily $20 worth...Canadian ;) ).

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys need to find a Coinstar machine.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    My family is Jewish we have no change lying around :x

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    The wife and I have an old glass water bottle (like the big plastic ones on those water fountains you see in offices and what not) that we put all of our change in....last year we used it for spending money for our trip....yes, it was that much.

9. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife and I empty our pockets ever night into my daughters piggy bank, then empty it every 3-4 months when the thing weighs about 25 lbs. College savings start early, don't ya know?

10. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I have a wooden IU box that all my change goes in. Well, maybe 25% of it. The rest is laying around on the floor, and when friends come over they try to sneak some of it.

11. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

We tend to never really have change since we never really have cash on us. When we do it usually gets tossed where ever which annoys me but only because its messy. Personally I have a Venom head piggy bank that my wife found at a dollar store that I had to piant myself.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    that would be me.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have an overflowing jar full of change. But it's only a small jar. A pal of mine is a pizza delivery dude and puts all his spare change in this huge freaking jar thing. Last time he emptied it there was like $500 in there.

14. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Hell nah! Spare change is a good reason to go to the store and get a drink or some coffee. But yeah!

15. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I can't remember how many times I've scrounged up change to go get a cappuccino at Gas America.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I keep all mine in the cupholder in my car to use for tolls. if I see any lying around, I'm like "how did that make it into the house?!?!" yup, drives me nuts.

17. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

I keep track of my spending on Microsoft Money. So when I use cash to buy stuff and I have change I put each coin in its proper bottle and then put the info into my computer. OCD much? hehe

Oh and here is the break down.

Quarters go into 1.75 L bottle of Jack Daniels
    Dimes go into .75 L bottle of Gentleman Jack
    Nickels go into 1.75 L bottle of Smirnoff vodka
    Pennies go into 1.75 L bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin

So uhh...I used to like to drink! :D 

If I ever go to Botcon, I'll make sure we win at drinking again!!! :p 

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Once about every 3 months, I put all my change together very nicely and organizedly, lining up the quarters, dimes, nickels, etc. and I roll all of it. I take it to the bank and exchange it for cash.

...and I use that cash for a new Transformer. :D 

I like it because change is kinda this unsaid "Here, be young again" tiny smidge of budget that I don't really account for, so, in my opinion, who cares if it goes into a toy?

19. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

I actually keep my change in my wallet and like... USE it. (You know you work for the gov't when you buy a pack of cigarettes the day before payday in quarters and dimes :D  )

20. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Nope. I save up my change and cash it in at the bank every couple weeks/months. Depends on how much is there. (Why anybody would use a Constar and pay a fee is beyond me...) When i work for long stretches at the Jake, for instance, I end up with a lot of change from buying stuff from the vending machines. Oh yeah, I hate spending change. If I'm buying a bottle of Coke I'd rather break a 10 or 20 and get more change then spend the exact change that I have in my pocket. Saving change is the easiest way for me to save money. Hell, I paid for almost half of Victoria's engagement ring just by saving change...:) 

I wrap it as soon as I have enough to fill a wrapper. In fact, I have $2 in quarters in my pocket right now that'll finish off a new $10 roll. Then it goes in my 'treasure chest' to be saved. I have about $150 or so in there right now.