does soundwave have his own motive?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by morgan1194, Feb 22, 2011.

1. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

soundwave is a silent lurking character, and everyone seems to be wary of him to a degree. i wonder if he has his own plans, maybe he is just biding his time to take control, or do something important. does anyone else get this impression from him?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I dunno. He seemed pretty eager to get Megatron back, and Starscream would undoubtably be easier to overthrow than Megatron. If he was seeking to gain power, he made a really dumbass move in that regard. He would've just let Starscream leave Megatron in space, he didn't, which tells me he's fully loyal to Megatron.

3. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

that makes sense. but since megatron is pretty much dead (i think), then he might decide to take control.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've been wondering if he's not up to more that just being Megatron's loyal ninja.

For example he's got a flying alt mode so why did he stick around after Skyquake got killed?

5. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

my thoughts exactly

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It would be nice if this incarnation of Soundwave finally acts like the ambitious, manipulative, opportunistic blackmailer he was originally written to be back in the day. I don't think it's likely, but I suppose only time will tell.

7. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Soundwave is the force behind the throne, he was hanging about to see where the Bots left Skyquake so he can have him dug up and given the Dark Energon makeover.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well everybody hates Starscream as a boss. Soundwave is there to troll Screamer. Which he is doing a pretty good job.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  10. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    He'll be the Starscream to Starscream.

12. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

I think Soundwave wants to bring down every single one of Screamer's plans and find a way to bring Megatron back, not become the new leader.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol  I hope that's what happens. He'll be the Fegelein to Starscream's Hitler.

14. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Drone- "You are Starscream."
    Starscream - "I don't need a fool like you to informing me that I'm Starscream. Of course I'm Starscream! Who else would I'd be? Ultra Magnus? I really don't know why you would waste time by informing me I am Starscream! I know I'm Starscream! Go and inform Soundwave that he is Soundwave! SOUNDWAVE! SOUNDWAVE!"

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Trollwave was excellent!! Should color that one in!! :thumb 

I get the impression this Soundwave just prefers making life for Starscream a living hell.. just enough to be a thorn in his side..and waiting for Megatron to reboot. :ev: 

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i never really did much with the comic in my sig, but i couldnt help but notice I was using Soundwave the same way-lurking, keeping an eye on Screamer. fun coincidence

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I would be surprised if he didn't have his own agenda. Though I'm not sure whether or not he wants to take over as Leader of the cons, or just wants to work against Starscream so that Megatron can come back to power. We'll just have to wait and see.

18. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    There's only two things that I think have been highlighted about Soundwave thus far: 1. he's loyal to Megatron and 2. he distrusts Starscream. There's nothing to suggest yet that he may have an agenda of his own. Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing. It could be interesting to gain insight into such devoted, single-minded loyalty. It's easy to understand an ambitious character intent on furthering himself, but what drives a loyalist? Besides, Starscream's already the one with motives. We don't need Soundwave to be another, unless he's plotting agaisnt Starscream in Megatron's interests.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The easy answer would be: It's in his programming..,
    while that may sound like a one liner.., it's not where I'm headed this time..

I truly think it's possible that he was programmed to remain loyal to Megatron without consideration for himself, his goals, or any dreams of leadership of his own. His only purpose-his prime directive if you will- during his life span will be merely to serve and complete his missions as ordered by Megatron.

And..if if drives Starscream crazy..all the better :ev: 

20. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I keep getting this impression of a desire to mess with people in the course of his duties.

Note what we've seen:

He apparently killed every human being in the Very Big Array when they got in his way, yet merely frightened the children with an axe, then snapped a shot back at Miko as if to mock her.

Every time Starscream starts feeling his oats, Soundwave just steps in and reminds him of his place. He did it with just a single *ping* in the last ep. Then he went and made sure to remotely track Screamer anyway, just to be sure he was staying on plan. He has to know how badly this is annoying Starscream, and yet we've seen a terrific reluctance on Starscream's part to overtly face Soundwave down. Why? We don't know yet.

The bit that intrigues me most was when Soundwave signaled that Megs still functioned, Starscream tried to blow him off, then immediately backpedaled when Soundwave got just the tiniest bit more insistent. Hell, Starscream could have made sure Megatron was well and truly dead out in space, but did not out of apparent fear of discovery by Soundwave.

Is Starscream afraid of Soundwave? Has Soundwave got something on him? It was so obvious that I feel the writers must get around to exploring it sometime. Is it as simple as Soundwave being willing to spill such events to the troops? I'm not entirely sure yet.

- Coeloptera