does size matter to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Mar 18, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I like Deluxes best, with Megas for larger figures. The occasional huge figure would be that much cooler if all the other figures in the line were only deluxes and some megas. Oh, and throw in some basics every now and then for some spice.

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    QFT.

Toy-wise, a planet of giant Transformers isn't all that neat when they're only slightly larger than the Transformers from the non-giant planets.

For me, when looking at Cybertron as an entire toy line, it would have worked so much better getting the point of giant Transformers across if Primus and Metroplex where the only Supremes, Menasor and Quickmix were the Supers, and then Prime, Megatron/Galvatron and all the other Ultras and Megas were just Megas. Despite two price points being combined, there could still be room for size difference, as there is in the Deluxe point size as seen with Red Alert and Hot Shot.

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I preffer the basics and deluxes. Great bot mode size, and they're usually free of the ratcheted joints that hinder the larger figures.

Personally, I preffer some semblance of scale is kept with the alt modes. Cars are basics, trucks are deluxes, large trucks are megas, airplanes are megas and ultras, and helicopters would be deluxes and megas.

4. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I prefer scouts/basics. They are affordable, very fun to play with and are (often) more poseable and cooler than alot of the bigger ones.

Besides, big TFs (mega/voyagers, ultras and upwards) are just too big, and can't find space to put them. Whereas I can always find room for the scouts and basics.

Deluxe is also a good size, not TOO big, just perfect for some of the cooler TFs that need a little size advantage over the smaller ones.