Does RID get better as it continues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LightningBlade3, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The series I think is getting better.Starscream and combiners!

• Like Like x 1
  2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    "Decepticon of the Week" is all it does... so boring. Not as good as what Rescue Bots or what TFPrime did. Meh.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Well, it seems to be finally breaking away from "Decepticon of the week". Of the first seven episodes of season 3, all but two episodes are set to feature members of the Stunticons and one of the two episodes that don't, instead features Springload, who's already appeared in a few episodes of the previous seasons.

4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my issue.
    Its main villain was nothing but a recurring character, and the same for his gang.
    The only conistency this show has is con of the week, Grimlock goofing off, and Sideswipe and Strongarm going at each others throats.
    Oh, and recycling of character designs. What this series really had going for it was creative and unique designs up until season 2 got lazy with them.

Also, what was the Fallen talking about when he said he recieved his power from a source far greater than that of the Primes? Did everyone just forget that?

5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fallen was talking about unicron

6. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    Yes

7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I'd say that depends. It certainly improves when it comes to handling story arcs... in that it actually starts handling story arcs. In Season 2, they introduce the main threat, have two ongoing plots involving the Autobots, and also create struggle within the Decepticon ranks. In Season 2.5, they introduce the set up, gradually build up the initial villains, build up the main villain and have them gradually amass more power, and lead to them becoming their most powerful, before of course being defeated. It looks like Season 3 will have at least three ongoing plot points that no doubt will overlap and perhaps even converge on each other.
    That said, for Seasons 1 and 2, they were trying to be their own thing and tell their own stories without being too affected by being a "toy" show. Season 2.5 was a little driven by its toyline, but that only really became glaringly noticeable in the last episode. The two episodes of Season 3 I've seen are very toy driven, so if that bothers you, it may not be to your liking.
    In regards to its connection to Transformers: Prime, the connection kind of fades for a while after the first episode with only vague references to it, but Season 2 and onward have been featuring more and more returning characters from Transformers: Prime, and a weapon and a location from TF: Prime even appear at different points in Season 2.5.
    I suppose that's supposed to be implied, but it's never outright stated where Megatronus got his power. To be honest, as much as I love Battleground Part 1 and 2, and RID's Megatronus, that arc was really poorly handled.

8. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed it was poorly handled but megatronus' back story is generally that he betrayed the primes and sided with unicron, though its a bit different in the covenant of primus, but typically the only characters in transformers that are presented as more powerful than the thirteen are unicron and primus

9. DOTM Bumblebee

All that I remember mentioned in Robots in Disguise itself is Megatronus betraying the Primes and destroying Solus Prime. I've admittedly not read the Covenant of Primus, though, so maybe that is still being treated as canon.

10. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    So Megatronus got his power from Unicron and then tried to destroy him?

11. DOTM Bumblebee

Again, it's never outright stated where Megatronus got his power from.

12. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:

I can understand that. Personally, I'm okay with that formula.

13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's implied that after betraying the primes he sided with unicron and after that unicron betrayed megatronus, hence why megatronus is wants to destroy unicron. All of this is implied, the show never explicitly says anything but it's heavily implied

14. DOTM Bumblebee

Yes, but you'd only infer that from reading other Transformers-related material. I'm going along with it unless the series actually goes back and decides to explain it further, but it's still only very vaguely implied.

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My 2 cents - I enjoy it far more than Prime. The characters are all fun (even Drift can be funny at times) and they interact well with each other. Steeljaw was a great antagonist, and we have some amazing one-shot or recurring Decepticons who were really memorable - too many to name, really. Prime was a chore to sit through due to its budget limitations and boooooring characters (especially the Autobots), here we have none of that.
    My only gripe is how many characters and plot points are resolved/written out too soon. For characters who got toys (a lot of them for the latter), Bisk, Overload and Scorponok barely appeared in a few episodes, for example.
    The animation is nice, and the cel-shaded nature of the CGI allows for far more character models to be used than on Prime, and they look good too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

So far Combiner Force has been pretty good. A few of the episodes have been Con-of-the-week filler-y, but the ones that focus on the Stunticons have been really good thus far.

17. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Well-Known Member

Man I am DIGGING Combiner Force.

It's been SO LONG since a transformers cartoon had a proper background story! And proper BUILD UP to something. we know that Menasor will appear and we know that Cyclonus and probably even Galvatronus is going to appear so the fact that we have this build up that will eventually LEAD to something is fucking amazing after Prime which was just a load of nothing or a bunch of buildup flushed in the toilet in a single episode. Or the first two season where there was a plot idea and then dozen episodes of nothing and then a random out of nowhere finale.

Hope they keep this is up because CF might be the first thing since Animated that I properly enjoy all the way through.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    That probably depends. If you like the more episodic, low key approach of the first season then you'll probably enjoy what comes after it. Personally I'm rather fond of the series since it starts small and doesn't overstate it's own stakes.

Plus I really like having Bumblebee in charge, a lot more than I thought I would. Plus Strongarm is good fun.

• Like Like x 1
  19. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Well-Known Member

Also one thing I enjoy about RID in general is that fact that is knows what it is and does the best job of it.

It has a simple monster of the week formula and it sticks to it not only fairly good, but most of the episodes are simple, fun and easy to watch. It's a better written and better executed Power Rangers show.

The worst sin of Prime was the fax-EPIC it was beating the viewers over the head with. ooooh this is important ooooh this is epic ooooooh nothing will EVER BE SAME AGAIN OOOOOOOOH only for it never change anything ever and just be statue que the show.

Hell RID has easily the best humans out of all transformers, period. Compared to Prime which had...Miko.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Considering we also had Kicker, and everyone in Armada who wasn't Alexis, she's got some stiff competition.