Does Reprolabels usually use off colors?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mobb One, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

The other day I received the Scorponok sticker sheet from reprolabels, which I plan to use for a project. However, the colors of the sheet seemed a bit off.

I pulled out my Scorponok, which has all the stickers applied and which I've had since it was bought at Toys R Us 20 years ago.

The stickers on my Scorponok had an aquamarine blue tint to them, whereas the repro labels were a much deeper shade of blue. The purple on the reprolabels was also somewhat lighter than the purple of the Scorponok.

Just to make sure, I temporarily have a MIB scorponok, with unapplied stickers, and they match the colors on my own Scorponok exactly, so I can be confident the color differentiation isn't from fading in the hues or what not.

My question is if others have discovered the same issue? I'll be contacting reprolabels today for an exchange or refund if they can't do it. The stickers for Scorponok on their sticker map have the accurate colors, however the picture shown with the stickers applied to the figure have the inaccurate colors.

????

2. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have seen a similar issue I believe. I got a g1 skywarp set and the stickers, including the decepticon insignias are all a deeper purple. I also wanted to add a nose insignia to thundercracker but again it doesn't match the wing ones already there so I'd have to replace all. Maybe certain colors have issues because at the same time I got a sludge set and those all seem to match exactly. I have had the same question/concerns myself.

3. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Yeah I'm going to contact them later today about the issue. May just ask for refund.