Does Prime get any better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by meirelle, Jul 31, 2011.

1. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I've only watched the first six episodes so far, and I'm not really feeling it. :/

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

It depends on what your issues with the show are. Generally, every show gets better as it goes on. The latest episode, "Partners", was easily one of the best yet.

3. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Six episodes as in you stopped at Masters and Students? If so then I think you need to watch a few more to give a fairer judgement to it.

What are you complaints specifically?

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. Stop watching it. It only gets worse and worse and even uses childish things like power of friendship and Megatron being defeated by the laughter of children. It's almost as bad as Animated and Beast Wars.

On a more serious note, it only keeps getting better. Even some people I know that hate the show admit that it gets better, consensus seems to be that it starts picking up in Episode 10 and onwards (you shouldn't skip any though because Prime is very continuity aware and WILL reference past happenings a lot)

5. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    It gets much better! Animated was my all time favorite series and Prime is catching up quickly.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The next episode "Scrapmetal" was one of my favorites for a while. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, then maybe the show ain't for you. Either way, I recommend watching everything available so far.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Almost every series is crappy in the initial episodes. Watch more of them and you may like it more. Scrapmetal is actually one of my favorite episodes so far.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I thought the first 5 episodes (the mini-series) were some of the best. Nothing much really seems to have happened since then (apart from the episodes with Megs and Bee) but I am loving the character building that's going on...even if most of it is for the same 3 characters week in week out.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated started slow too. Give it some time and we'll see more characters and a thicker plot eventually. Especially with Unicron supposedly having a role in future episodes it's bound to get more interesting.

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    did you see wheeljack yet? if you did you should be a fan.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'd say if you didn't like it starting out, you're still not really going to care for it.

Give it a second chance, you might change you're mind, you might not.

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Keep going by watching more of the show. You may change your mind once you get to "Partners".

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's gonna get good.

Just wade through the next few episodes, you'll come to like newcomers like Wheeljack, knockout and Airachnid.

14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I felt the same way about this series, the first 6 episodes did nothing for me. I kept watching every episode anyway, they would kind of play in the background while Iwas on the computer, so I wasn't really paying attention. UNTIL.... Knockout showed up. Then I was all for it, and rewatched the whole series and then I was more into it.

The end.

15. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

LOL how did I know you were gonna mention Knock Out? :D 

Anyway, I felt exactly the same way about the first 6 episodes and I actually stopped watching it for quite awhile until episode 12 or something. Once I saw some other friends raving about Knock Out and somewhat Breakdown, I decided to go back and watch some. I started with "Deus Ex Machina" which is obviously out of order, but then I started getting back into it and eventually caught myself up and well here I am.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it's no coincidence that KnockOut and the show getting really good started in the same episode.

He's really THAT amazing. Easily one of the best new characters since Beast Wars. I mean, he's just so fun on screen and he didn't even get DEVELOPMENT yet, his characterization and voice and design are just really damned charming to the point where he steals any scene he's in.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    How could I resist? Look at that chassis! :lolol 

And Breakdown isn't bad either of course.

18. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I had the same feeling after the early episodes. After the first five part mini-series, I didn't feel that the show was good enough for me to make it a point to watch. But it just so happens that I've caught every episode, mainly due to there being nothing better on to watch. And as I've watched more and more of the show, I've become more and more a fan of the show.

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I kinda liked the 5-parter....then it all l turned to shit up until Knockout appeared...and then turned to shit again...and now it's GLORIOUS thanks to Starscream....

I just hope it doesn't turn to shit again...

20. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I think part of the problem is the kids are too annoying. And there was really no new Autobots or Decepticons showing up. But now that I know some more bots show up, I think I'll give it another try.