Does Mixmaster have a speech quirk?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Basketball Jones, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The TF Wiki claims that Mixmaster's speech quirk of repeating himself is only seen in City of Steel, but it also appears in The Master Builders, where Mixmaster's explanation to Megatron ends in several repetitions of "get it?"

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It's more than just a speech quirk--Mixmaster's a little on the loopy side:

From Marvel's TF Universe (via TFArchive):

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, dude's off his rocker. He repeats himself in more of a manic, OCD-type way. He's fucking crazy.

At first I thought he was just excited, but it's like he's ALWAYS excited.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I just love G1 characters. We got Shrapnell, Warpath, Mixmaster, Seaspray etc. with their speech impediments. And lets not forget Frenzy and Rumble with their mispronounciation of words.

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I always liked Mixmaster because he seemed so crazy! I pictured him embracing the Decepticon cause completely since he is so out there.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    That's because he's the mix"master" not the mix"amature"

g1 tv characters have these great voices that play along with the characters style. Mix master is a mad scientist with insanity and arogance to credit his vocal problems. Soundwave gets a robotic vocoder while astrotrain has his space echo. insecticons who have chirps and hisses in addition to shrapnels vocal condition. That and given the name shrapnel gives the voice repetition a meaning like it is fragmented and somewhat broken.

It's to bad the modern transformer voices have almost none of this vocal detailing that helped make the g1's memorable.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I agree on that part. I think the last series to have voices that actually incorporated some part of the alternate mode was Beast Wars.

On the Scott McNeil front, Dinobot's voice sounded kinda like a growling dinosaur, and his speech had a lot of "grrr" sounds in it. And Waspinator kept making insect-like sounds when he talked, like "Bzzzzz Waspinator feel like have headache in whole body BZZZZ."

Terrorsaur also had a speech quirk too, where he would go "SQAWK!" every once in a while. I suppose you can also make the argument that Black Arachnia sounds pretty much exactly what a black widow would sound like if one could talk.

I always liked hearing the acting on G1 that has the voice emulate the alternate mode somehow.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    A G1 transformer with a distinctive gimmick in how they speak? This is truly unheard of. :p 

I imagine that Mixmaster may have been working with mercury a little too often, if you catch my drift. Although, as someone who's studied materials science, him being insane is perfectly reasonable.

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    They STILL make me laugh!