Does Megs answer to anyone? Spoilers!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Pikatron, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Did it surprise anyone else to see Megatron so subservient to the Fallen? Was it because the Fallen was supposed to make him a Prime once he retrieved the Matrix/Allspark? The events of the '07 movie made it seem like Megs wanted the darn thing for his own purposes. Was it all just a rouse? Had he obtained it, would he have used it against the Fallen? Or if he did deliver it to the Fallen, would the Fallen have kept up his end of the bargain? Or would he have deactivated Megs on the spot?

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    honestly, i think he was using the fallen. he seemed pretty pissed and upset when he saw the fallen was taken out.

3. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

thr DVD/Director's Cut should reveal more about this, with cut scenes perhaps.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IMO, Megatron would NEVER answer to anyone unless there was something BIG in it for Megatron, and in that case, it would be making him a Prime. Or possibly once The Fallen owned everyone/began ruling, he would kill him, and take his place.

In Defiance, it seemed Megatron had the same attitude before he met The Fallen. Meeting him only turned his optics red and further inspire him.

Perhaps he just looked at The Fallen as just that, an inspiration, or even a role model. The Fallen betrayed his kind, and succeeded. Megatron probably saw this as something he could do.

There are infinite possibilities, but I highly doubt Megatron viewed The Fallen as a superior.

5. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

IMHO someone didn't know what the **** they were doing with this character.

Megatron should answer to no one.

If the Fallen had to be part of the story, it should have been as a myth, a legend Megatron respected, and perhaps wished to resurrect, not as ****ing Emporer Palpatine. Admittedly bringing back the all powerful evil isn't an original plotline, but it would have made more sense than what they did come up with.

6. Pikatron

I'd like these views. It just seemed so odd seeing him so submissive to the Fallen. At first I thought that maybe there was a sort of Unicron/Galvatron thing going where somehow Fallen had the power to extinguish his spark.

Agreed. Like how Rita and Lord Z brought back Ivan Ooze to defeat the rangers and how he later double-crossed them. (sorry, Hulu just uploaded the PR Movie and it's still on my mind) That would've made for a thrilling plot.

7. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the comic, Megatron was only helping The Fallen because The Fallen promised to make Megatron into a Prime.

8. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Somewhat and yes. Megatron says that his is the only rule, even in death, and not ten seconds later calls The Fallen "master". Maybe Megatron meant it as "sensei". :sly2: 

I say yes and no. Yes, the Autobots believed that Megatron's plan was to convert any machines they find in the galaxy into Decepticons, but no, Megatron never said what he wanted to do with it in the first movie. Plus, the Autobots never knew of The Fallen's [current] existence, much less his intentions.

As Mechafire previously stated, it all depends on what's in it for Megatron. Even if it were not the intent of The Fallen to give Megatron Prime-ness, Megatron would keep a bargaining chip in play :p  to obtain it, though, as The Fallen clearly states that only a Prime can defeat him, he obviously wouldn't take the risk of Megatron becoming ambitious - not to mention that ambition is one of Megatron's greatest strengths when it comes to ultimate power. :) 

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. The only thing that surprised me was how Megatron seemed genuinely surprised/stunned the Fallen had just been killed. Maybe it was because he viewed the Fallen as a role model/inspiration, and/or his death was a symbolic blow to his own philosophies. Or that his best grasp at ultimate power was literally torn to shreds as Prime ripped the Fallen's face off.

It'll be interesting to see what they do in the third one because of all this. Maybe Megs goes completely off a cliff mentally, or a civil war erupts between the Decepticons with the Fallen out and Megs perceived as vulnerable.

10. Pikatron

Very good explanations. We're probably looking too deep into it as the writers likely didn't have any of this in mind as they wrote the script. It'd be great to see this carry over to the third movie as Lbsammillls mentioned - Possibly involving Starscream and a rise of the Seekers. :) 

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i really wish Megatron had dealt the final blow to the Fallen.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even if Megatron really didn't give a shit about The Fallen, seeing someone as powerful as him (a God) and your mentor being killed must have been surprising for Megatron.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

It was irritatingly clear that they made up the Fallen backstory as they went along, as there was absolutely no hint of it in TF1.

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's surprising? There was no guarantee of a second film as they wrote the first one. Have they stated previously they were already thinking ahead and tried to lay hints and clues to the plot for a second film in the first one?

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

This, a hundred times this... I was actually close to getting up and walking out when I saw what the hell was going on.

It. Was. Retarded.

16. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Did the Fallen actually offer to make Megatron a Prime in the movie? I can't remember. It was in the comic, but with all the inconsistencies between the fiction and the film, I can't really separate the facts.

It seems odd that the Fallen would tell Megatron that only a Prime can defeat him, and then offer to make Megatron into a Prime.

As for the way the Fallen was handled in the movie, I thought they did a poor job of making him into the ultimate evil leader of the Decepticons. He really did nothing except kill some humans and spear Jetfire. Big deal.
    I think part of the problem was they used a character fans are familiar with as practically a demi-god and made him into a killable second-stringer.

17. newguy

newguy i

I think it's like a megatron and startscream like thing (IE megatron being the fallen, and starscream being megatron).

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

In my opinion it was COMPLETELY out of character for Megatron to be subservient to anyone at any time. It was just poor writing honestly.

19. Spoon

Spoon Banned

No, but giant chunks of mythology and character development should have been written so they made sense within the context of the first film.

20. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I am not sure, but it could have been that an Early draft of the Script had The Fallen promising to Make Megatron a Prime. The novel said it, and so does the Game.
    It would have been cool in the movie, Megatron would act like a apprentice to the fallen to get his power, but in the end, Optimus would have told him "Primes are born, not made". THen what should have happened, is that Prime should have proceeded to tear the Fallen apart, the Fallen screaming for Megatron, and Megatron Coldly leaving him to die and retreating.
    That would have been cool, probably could have sorted some things out as well.

Just a thought.