Does it really cost $22.00 to ship a Transformer part that weighs a few ounces?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by mrclean08, Aug 26, 2009.

1. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Nope...they start the bid low to bring in potential buyers but try to make money up on the shipping side...

On a side note...I have one of these Fortress Maximus leg cannons if you're interested...and I'll give you a much better deal than this...PM me... :) 

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it's a way to not pay as much commission on an item too.

4. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Consider the fact that the seller is in Canada and it says they will be shipping via Canada Post Xpresspost.
    So yes it probably does cost $22 to ship to the US.

5. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I wish I would've gotten in touch with you sooner, I just ended up winning an auction that included two cannons (only needed the one). I do still need one red forearm cover hatch if you have one. :) 

I like how you bold and resize several of those words like I'm some fuckin 1st grader who can't read. Thanks man, I definitely needed that.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The thing with that is that the seller wants tracking and it's available via the Xpresspost but not a cheaper shipping method. Prevents buyers from claiming they never got the part. Just buy the piece from someone domestically and you'll save both time and money.

7. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Most people will look at the total price instead of just the bidding price anyway, so in that case the shipping price doesn't really matter.

However, if you are returning a SNAD item, then the shipping price matters a lot, because seller doesn't have to pay you back the shipping cost.

8. CowColor

CowColor Get Money™

22 dollars just for shipping for that....

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I report auctions I come across in which sellers jack up the shipping price to circumvent the fees.

By that, I mean someone who, for example, is selling a loose G1 Cyclonus and is charging $15-$20 to ship domestically. Usually eBay will then send out an acknowledgment of the violation, but I don't know what happens to the auction or seller as a result.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    For sure. I bet this specific auction has lower shipping for within Canada though.

edit: that's weird. for grins I went to the auction and selected Canada as the ship to country and the price didn't change. :( 

11. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I hate it when it's like a $30 shipping charge for Asia somewhere and they say it will take 10-20 business days to deliver.

My ass pays $30 to ship something, it better get here within a week!

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Right, international auctions and express shipping I understand, it's the painfully obvious overcharges that irritate me. I don't do that crap when I sell, so why should they get away with it when it's clearly against the rules?

I reported a bunch last week in which the seller was charging $15+ to ship individual GI Joe figures.

13. swampflight

swampflight Banned

New ca-rear...

If your ass only got $30.00 its time to look for another job.(LOL!)

14. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

I'll vouch that it does indeed cost $20 to ship an Xpresspost envelope within Canada and the US. I had to ship a key about 600 miles last week and it cost almost $25 with taxes etc.

There are way better ways to ship something like this - and that's the real point. The guy isn't selling this with the cheapest form of trackable shipping.

I'd be willing to bet he's using the "Xpresspost" as an excuse, then will use a cheaper shipping method. If ebay questions why he has high shipping - he can point to Canada Post's rates and say "that's what it costs".

It does nothing but hurt the seller. He won't make as much money (if the item even sells at all) because of the high shipping.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to the us without a ventureone card, it probably would be that for shipping, but in canada, $8 and with a venture card to the US, maybe 10 to 11 bucks