Does Hasbro care?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lucario Prime, May 21, 2009.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    That's actually debatable. When Beyblade was the hottest thing since sliced bread in Japan, Takara forced stores ordering Beyblade figures to also buy Web Diver figures, which were not selling well.

However, Wal-mart is a dangerous company to play that ploy with.

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Nope. Hasbro doesn't care.

Hasbro has only cancelled Arcee. ES Soundwave's fate is unknown.

It's like going off to war. :lol 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah it'll take a bit more of your tears to wake him up.

4. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Because it is. It's just Teen Titans corporate hivemind bullshit drivel,it's interchangable with any other vapid hastily churned out kid's cartoon.
    For some reason they throw a couple G1 references in there,and fanboys think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    If I take a dump,and hide a picture of Tracks in there,it's still just a turd.
    Here's a little handy reference guide you can print out and put in your wallet.

Clip-n-save!
    -------------------------8<----------------------------------------------
    Transformers the live action movie series: popular enough to sustain a toyline based on it.

Transformers Animated: not popular enough to sustain a toyline based on it.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Who said I'm crying, shrooby?

I'm just stating what will happen.
    Some Animated extremist will make a thread like this and many support him or her. Then, comes... Super Kickback to give thema lall a big spanking of reality. Then they complain. Same old, same old.

I hope people bring pies to BotCon, because boo's might not be enough.

6. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

THe design team cares. The team at Cartoon Network cares. Hasbro's execs don't care that much. Neither do Cartoon Network's execs. And the retailers, who pretty much boss Hasbro around, don't care one friggin' iota. Ultimately, it's the retailers fault for demanding more ROTF toys instead of Animated, because it wasn't selling as well as the Movie. The retailers set their expectations for Animated to do as good as the Movie, which was extremely unreasonable, given the recession and the fact that a cartoon somehow won't reach as much to kids as a big, awesome movie. It didn't help that CN's execs kept bouncing TFA's timeslot around for their other shows, no matter how crappy(6Teen) or awesome(Batman: The Brave and the Bold) they may be. When they put TFA in the deathslots of 6 AM and 8 AM, they pretty much sealed its demise, because kids don't wanna wake up that early these days. When kids don't watch the show, they won't wanna buy the toys. Thus, because not enough kids were watching the show, they didn't want the toys, so the toys shelfwarmed, the retailers got pissed, and then used their deathgrip on Hasbro's balls to bully Hasbro into cancelling TFA. It's pretty much CN and the retailer's faults. Edit: Okay, blaming the kids is stupid.

@Kidnicky: What you're saying ANimated does is the exact same stuff they do for the Movie, I.E. Taking the G1 name of Skids and assigning it to a doofy-lookin' Chevrolet Beat/half of an ice cream truck. I still like the Movie line, but they're WAY more keen on slapping on G1 names to entirely different characters than the Movie. Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Barricade are guilty of the same thing, too, when you think about it. They're all entirely different in personality and altmode from their G1 counterparts.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    We'll find out how much they care come the next series. If they do go back to using completely random names for characters(for some reason TF is the only toy line in history to have no integrity in it's characters), then that will show me they really don't give a damn and therefore, neither will I.

8. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

They care. They care about making 30 something misanthropes butthurt over a Y7 show that isn't on the CN anymore.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...Is this seriously a question? How can ANYONE look at Transformers for... geez... the last five years, at least... and NOT think Hasbro cares? At least anyone with even an elementary concept of economics?

Animated got cancelled because of a Series of Unfortunate Events. I mean, I'm bummed too, but taking it out on Hasbro is silly. They're getting a "BOOOOO!" from me when they mention Animated's cancelled at Botcon-- because of the idea more than because it's their fault-- and that'll be enough "fan rage" for me.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. What is it with jackasses trolling thread in the Animated forum of late?
    (And yes, you ARE trolling. With your fanboy comment for a start. Not to mention your "bullshit drivel" comment.
    Look around you, smiler - you're in the ANIMATED forum. Your post is designed to get Animated fans' backs up.
    And you know it.)

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    No, you should throw pies and vegtables at them instead.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Hasbro folks too much to do that.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes they care. They care about putting out product that will sell well enough to make them enough money to continue funding the product lines that we have enjoyed for so many years. Would you prefer they continue putting out product that retailers and consumers don't want? Therefore permanently dissolving your favorite brands? I bet not.

14. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

You know what?
    I understand that Animated is over. I really do. But today you have been rubbing everyone's face in it. Within the past half-hour I have encountered more than seven posts of yours pointing out that it's dead, it didn't sell well, that Hasbro is a business, and that retailers don't want it. Even if these are all true, you are taking far too much enjoyment out of pointing them out. So get slagged, you pathetic toadying grasshopper.

EDIT: After sleeping on it, I realize that this post was incredibly out of line. I am sorry for what I said, and it won't happen again.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    See this?^
    This is probably the stupidest thing you have ever written. If you'd done any research whatsoever you'd know that Kickback has been a supporter of Animated since Day One. You would also know that out of all the posters here, he probably has the most insight into the way things like this work.
    You would also know that flaming a mod like that is an amazingly fucking stupid thing to do.

16. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Seriously, people are really getting worked up by the fact that TFA is ending. I bet some people would end up falling into tears. I hope no one ends up committing suicide for a tv show no matter how good. There is still life ahead people, even if it is sad that TFA is probably ending.

17. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

He may be a supporter of Animated, but he doesn't need to point out its demise nine times within the same hour. The anger will die down if he just lets it, but he's stirring the pot. I am also upset at him for his repeated hinting that he knows things what Hasbro will do before anyone else does. He may have worked with them, but he's been split with them for quite a while. The way he phrases his posts is designed to make himself seem "in the know" without putting out any information to back it up. I understand that he does have some contacts inside the company, and his reasons for the line's cancellation are perfectly valid. I willing to let Arcee go. I may well not have bought it, even with my love for the character. However, I am not at all pleased with how Kickback has been acting, and I am perfectly willing to point that fact out.

18. Flashdisk

News Credits:

I wouldn't want to stand in the shoes of the person announcing the cancellation of TFA. I wouldn't want to get attacked by the many fans that will be both furious and dissappointed by TFA's end. :rip 

19. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Which makes me ANNOYED because it seems the any answers we get about Animated are a week from now! Toys and series @_@

20. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    It will probably be a really really stressful werk for us who are waiting for answers on the future of TFA. :banghead: 

I guess we'll all be looking for some form of relief and maybe closure on the matter.