Does Harbro plan on releasing all of the First Edition Prime toys in each country?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I was thinking about it. Do we know if Hasbro had plans to release all of the first edition toys in each country? This is not one of those, damn you Hasbro threads btw, so don't take it as such.

Just with the releases around the world, I wonder if they planned on doing a little bit to Canada, a little bit to the US and a little bit to worldwide?

Or do you think it is more the retailers antsy about buying more toys because they haven't learned the proper way to buy movie toys yet? I mean the official releases are supposed to be in March.

I do wonder if we will see first edition on shelves next to official releases. I am not sure how that would make much sense and not confuse a consumer. But yet again, there are like 3 bumblebees on any given shelf at a time.

2. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Personally I think the FE toys will remain a USA/Canada release, what with the same characters getting toys - albeit different molds - in the mainstream lines.

Happy to be proven wrong though. :) 

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    You mean, like, European countries? All of them? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Actually did the EU countries get any of the FE line yet?

5. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I really hope so. The US still hasn't seen the release of FE Optimus and Bulkhead; they're only in Canada so far.

6. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Reformed Autobot

News Credits:
    No.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    IF the FE line remains a Canadian and American exclusive I'm going to have to be a prick and pick up extras.

Between being a NA exclusive and the FE figures being larger than their RID counterparts....You know they will be worth a ton.

8. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

I don't think we Europeans will get any of the First Edition figures.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    This.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Of all th FE figures I am only sad that Europe will not be getting Bulkhead. He is one sweet figure. The rest will see a second version release which so far tends to have better engineering that the FE releases. Only down size is that they are in the new "recession" size classes.

11. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everyone seems to forget that Japan got FE too.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Dark of the moon toys were the retailers go to plan from the beginning. They planned their Christmas lineup for months. Prime first editions were offered. But were not picked up beyond the first wave at toys r us.

I'm totally going to collect the robots in disguise line. But I'm cool waiting. I mean dark of the moon toys weren't out until may. So its nice that this line launches in march. Hopefully we may get another wave because of the longer timetable. Still the mold variations are the sole reason I am desperate for first editions. Cliffjumpers cannon wrists. Optimus Primes show style weapons, and Bulkhead. I'm concerned his mold is going to get clear parts and a light up function if it makes it to robots in disguise.

Wait it out for Hasbrotoyshop.com I guess.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    It doesn't bug me so much that we're not getting TF: Prime first edition, this is the UK and we're used to shitty distribution.

What pisses me off is the lack of concrete information. Hasbro should have stated firmly that the First Edition were going to be a North American exclusive, and that the UK would skip straight to a different range with different molds. That way we all could have imported the ones we want.
    Thank god my best mate got my Takara Voyager Bulkhead for Christmas.

Even where we've been lucky to get the first release of Prime RiD, the paint jobs on the Voyagers / Powerizers is awful, and the Deluxe / Revealers feel small and lacking paint.

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The thread is about Hasbro distribution, Takara first editions have nothing to do with Hasbro. But man, they are nice!

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Actually I didn't. I was going to type NON NA countries but then changed it to Europe because I recalled that Asia got FE first. Toronto was only the first NA city to get them.

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I know, I'm dreading ebay prices for Bulky. Especially if the remold tradition with RID pans out - I'd rather pass on the unnessercery clear plastic.

17. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I suppose the lack of information can be pinned down to the upcoming Toy Fair (as well as possibly clueless marketing reps honestly thinking they could smuggle Prime toys into an Argos stock room without anyone noticing) but I really think Hasbro should release some sort of statement, even if it's only "wait until Toy Fair".