Customs: Does Future Floor Finish leave a high quality glossy clearcoat when applied?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by petes2177, Sep 17, 2009.

1. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm kinda new to customizing, although I do know all of the painting basics such as drybrushing, basecoats, different paints and etc.

But one thing has stumped me so much that I've given up on doing research on Google and am now asking you guys, if Future gives a nice clearcoat when applied. Also a painting question I haven't found the answer to is, what does thinning down paint do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Future floor polish does give a pretty glossy clear coat. It also serves as a very durable sealer. I'm pretty sure there are things that will make them even more shiny. As for thinning the paint, it will help it self-level reducing the appearance of brush strokes, or if using an airbrush, it will help it keep from clogging the nozzle. Hope this helps.

3. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks a lot!

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

I use future on many of my customs in may different ways. As a clear coat it yields an awesome high gloss finish easily you can even dip the object in future to clear coat. be careful it can gum up joints and future can be messed up with Windex or any ammonia or lye based product

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Did you read our tutorial regarding Future?