Does FOC's Multiplayer customization feature include a gender option?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jul 6, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm getting exicted for the game since I've heard that it's going to come a week early in August. The customization feature for multiplayer's really sounds promising! However does the feature include an option to either make your character male or female? I don't know because I wasn't really up to date with the news and coverage of FOC.

2. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    It would be neat.

3. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    We don't know. We've seen very little of multiplayer as it is.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I highly doubt it. If the rumored voice options are in then you might be able to have them sound female but with the parts available she'd be less Blackarachnia and more Strika which I'll go out on a limb and say is probably not what you wanted.

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    No since high moon said there will be no fembots or femcons at all and transformers dont have genders they only look like men or ladies.

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I've heard nothing.

I guess HighMoon wants the game to be a tincan fest.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I doubt it, since unless they were manly looking females, having a separate gender option would require an entire different set of options for female proportions in addition to what we have for males.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Really? :(  Darn it!

But if that's true then why do most of them act thier gender? I mean in the Algned Countuinty it has Solus Prime the first fembot.

But what about the Arcee and Slipstream models? Can't they use parts form that instead?

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Sadly those models won't blend well with the others even if its restricted to the size classes. You couldn't have Vortexs torso with Slipstreams tiny legs or Cliffjumpers barrel chest sprouting Arcees stick figure arms.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Hate to intrude, but look at Slipstream's design again and say she has tiny legs.

To add to what I said before, I don't know why they wouldn't include fembots. Are they following Bay's thing of 'we don't want to explain females'?

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    That seems to be more the person playing the game's problem. If they want to mismatch their parts and make them look goofy, that's their prerogative.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Compared to the others of her class? Yeah, she does.

Very true, but it leads to ridiculous looking creations and the inability for the people who want to make female characters to make something that isnt a repaint of the two existing models and not big mclargehuge. The latter is just going to annoy people.

13. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I heard, so take with a grain of salt, is that it's a no because the hitboxes of the female transformers are not the same as the males. Personally I think it might be partly due to that there aren't that many "fembots" in Transformers lore, but they should add the option for anyone girl or guy that want to play as a lady transformer.

14. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    The option for gender in the creation menu shouldn't a huge issue, just check the gender box and female chassis parts are available rather than male chassis parts. To be honest though, it doesn't bother me if we can't have female bots in multiplayer. The only thing I really want addressed is the color palate. I hated in WFC that bots were restricted to bright colors, while the Cons could only have the dark colors. I want the option to make a canary yellow Soundwave or a solid black Prime. I know they have said they improved the color system for FOC, as far as like oxidation of the colors and what not, but I haven't heard anything about the full color palate open to both sides.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The color is open to both sides. There was even a pic a while ago. HMS said they listened on that front.

16. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

Sweet, thanks for the info. I must have missed that little nugget of news. I'll have to look for it.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah no problem. That was one of my biggest gripes. I'm very glad they answered it. Also, you can choose how shiny you want the metal to look as well.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

If Halo Reach can make female Spartans look distinct from males, and still have similar hit boxes, this game can do it too. I know it's harder since robots don't have the same proportions as humans, but they could try.

If it was up to me, instead of the method they are going with now for customization, I'd have eight different protoform designs, two of each gender for each class. You choose the class and gender and it goes to an armor addition screen. There are different chests, legs, shoulders, heads, and arms, all unique. You choose the ones you think look the best, and it will show how the character looks Transformed. Each member of a class transforms the same way, so as not to mess with the pieces and eliminate clipping issues. The alt-mode is directly affected by every part of the robot mode, not just the chest. Each piece is designed to fit into certain parameters so everything looks nice.

Males and females use the same armor pieces, just like in Halo Reach, but minor adjustments are made to suit each gender.

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The most we'll get is an Arcee chasis probably. Gender customization is something for fit for the Universe MMO.

20. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

Not really how game development works. Teams just can't do something because it's been done elsewhere. The option would be nice, though.