Does everyone have a built-in Matrix chamber?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While watching the G1 movie and season 3, does every Autobot have a Matrix chamber built in them? Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus seem to have one before the Matrix is given to them and if you recall in a part of Five Faces of Darkness when Rodimus is -thinking- that he'll die, he says that he'll pass the Matrix to Springer so I'm assuming he has one as well, what do you guys think?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nah, I don't think so. Magnus probably had one solely on the basis that despite his outward claim of 'not being worthy', he had actually anticipated inheriting the Matrix all along. :p 

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus is essentially a white Optimus Prime clone wearing super armor. Makes sense he's got a Matrix chamber if Prime had one.

4. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Its probab;y more to do with a spark chamber being the shape on which the matrix is based

5. omnomtimus

omnomtimus decepticon

News Credits:
    thats a good question. but the more you think about it the more it doesn't make sense. for example why have jazz as second in command when ultra magnus was a matrix chamber?

6. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

I don't think so... I think the matrix just goes in their spark chamber, It would make sense for everyone to be able to use the matrix.

7. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going with the spark chamber theory.

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Perphaps all Autobots can inherit the Matrix, but it's not every one who can unlock it nor use it's upgrade powers.
    Remember Galvatron and Scourge tried using the Matrix in them.

9. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I would say yes, every Bot has a Matrix chamber built into them. My reason is since you never know when a Prime will die, it's easier to pass the Matrix on to the nearest Autobot than wait for a certain one.

10. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I gotta agree with both of these points. Which makes more sense, to have every 'Bot ready to store the Matrix within themselves where it can be protected from damage, or to hang it around your neck on a chain like Galvatron did?

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Transformers can Transform guys. In the case of Ultra Magnus, out of anticipation of the Matrix, his internal workings Transformed to prepare for the Matrix. Rodimus touched the Matrix and, upon accepting it, his entire body changed, including alt mode. It transformed Rodimus to make room for itself. Had he passed it to Springer, my guess is it would have done the same.

Alpha Trion did not bare the Matrix in his chest, he held it for Optimus. Why not put it in his chest if he could? Same for Galvatron-when he stole it, he had to wear it on a chain.

12. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm leaning towards this point of view. Contact with the Matrix could involve a signal being broadcast through the digits of the holder to start the chamber reconfiguration, so long as the holder is deemed "worthy" by the Matrix.

13. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thunderwing also wore it on a chain

14. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Galvatron tried it in his arm cannon also (season 3). Scourge also put it in his chest and the matrix "transformed" him.

Also Action Masters don't transform ;) 

15. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We don't know how long he had the Matrix before he gave it to Optimus. For all we know, he didn't keep it with him to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I figure there's a number of possibilities:

1) Everyone can carry the matrix, and there's a space for it either independent or tied into other internal systems.

2) Bots that are designated for leadership roles, or the potential to assume them by way of personality, programming, or form have a matrix chamber included in their design. Bots who are relegated to more mundane places in the autobot hierarchy cannot bear the matrix.

3) Through the divine will of Primus, all bearers of the matrix will be ready from the moment of their construction to carry it. The matrix chooses its bearers, and it has been shown to have a will in if and how it modifies them. It could even modify the bearer AS they assume ownership of the matrix to house itself. The matrix chamber may be integrated into internal systems in such a way that it is undetectable or at least inconspicuous until the proper moment.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Fixed for you

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, I'd say that the Matrix would simply be stored in their spark chamber. Most (if not all) Autobots (or maybe even 'Cons?) can store the Matrix, but only a select few can use it.

Never thought of it that way, but it does make sense. Almost like how a human body can "prepare" itself for certain physical activities (mating, hormones, etc.), perhaps the Transformers can also do that (whether you believe they are partly organic aliens or full robotic machines is irrelevant). Whether they're more "organic" alien robots and their alien biology prepares them, or their robo-machine processors determine the possibility of accepting the Matrix and their parts change accordingly, this theory does make sense. Nice one, Torque, Aernaroth and MECHADOOM!

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Example: Movie Optimus never expected to have the Matrix, yet he has a chamber for it in DOTM. The possibilites are either the Spark chamber thing or the reformatting thing, but I'm leaning towards the latter as Optimus got new thicker abs in DOTM, whereas he was never changed in ROTF. Everything about Optimus in DOTM just seemed thicker, tougher, and honestly less athletic. Also, based on the reformatting theory, wouldn't the Matrix want to make the most subtle changes possible as long as it's housed?

And on the upcoming topic of the fact that I'm referring to the movies; what other ideas are there that the G1 guys would come up with? And would it be so different from the movie ideas (the differences between plots and designs are irrelevent as I am speaking of the possible ideas for the Matrix chamber thing, because there aren't many possibilities if you think about it)?

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    In the movie universe there were many Primes, and they were something of a subspecies for Cybertronians, so it's entirely possible Optimus Prime had capabilities to bear the matrix, even if he thought he never would (due to it being lost for thousands of years) simply by being a Prime.