Does BBTS Send Replacement Parts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I already sent BBTS an email with photo documentation, which they'll most likely answer tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone here had BBTS send them a replacement part(s) for a defective figure.

Not long after I opened my MP-09B Black Rodimus and removed it from the clear plastic tray, the left leg fell off at just above the knee where the light blue/aqua ratchet joint is located (see the pic below). I didn't even mess with the figure outside of checking the leg armor and making sure everything was fine.

I looked for the broken portion of the ratchet and couldn't locate it, which leads me to believe that it may have been assembled this way (I bought it factory sealed).

I have MP-09B packed up in its BBTS box and ready to go in the event that I need to send the whole thing back, but I'd be just as happy if they sent a replacement left leg.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I believe they do.

3. Satomiblood

Hell, I'd be happy with just a new ratchet.

4. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I doubt they carry spare parts for any of the toys they sell.
    I'm sure they have whole extras as back-up, but not individual parts.
    They'll probabally have you send it back for replacment.
    You may be responsible for return shipping.
    See their FAQ pages for more info.
    Hope this gets resolved.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Email them and see what happens. Wouldn't hurt.

6. Satomiblood

I looked at their FAQ. This would be filed under defective merchandise since it was like this right out of the box. It says the shipping to and from their warehouse would be free.

I did. But since it's Sunday, I won't get an answer until sometime tomorrow, which is why I figured I'd ask people here.

7. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, but there are conditions. BBTS has to still have the item left in stock or at least some loose ones laying around in their warehouse to pull spare parts from. They usually have leftover stock or loose figures just for this purpose. They also tend to prefer having these issues addressed within a month of the original purchase/PoL ship date. Something can be arranged beyond this time but you'll have to work with customer service on this. They should offer to pay for return shipping within this time frame but may ask you to pay for it beyond this time frame. My United Jazz arrived with two right arms and they offered return shipping to replace the figure with a new one. BBTS does has a very good rep for addressing factory defects though. Good luck.

8. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I had a sword/helicopter blade broken right out of the box for FP wrabot /springer. I sent bbts a pic and they sent me the part!!! It depends on how they want to handle the situation, but either way bbts has great customer service and will take care of you!!!

9. Satomiblood

I made the purchase on the 27th, so I'm well within the 30 days.

10. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Glad you won't have to pay for return.
    That would be bummer.
    Hope it works out.

11. Satomiblood

They still have 73 MP-09B's in stock, but they're all factory sealed.

Hell, I'd be happy with the left left ratchet from a TRU Rodimus. I can always paint it to my match the other.

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully it works out. In my case, they had just ran out of United Jazz stock so they couldn't simply send a replacement left arm to me. Instead, they offered to pay for return shipping for the defective figure and placed a preorder for the next restock of the figure (it all worked out since I returned the bad Jazz and just got the new Jazz recently with no further issues). In another case, something arrived broken for a sold out (and pretty old) figure so they couldn't do much aside from offer a full refund (and return shipping) or $15 store credit. I chose the credit. They're flexible and can work with customers on various solutions. Just need to contact them.

13. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

What's going on, Satomi?

They are pretty easy to work with. I've had a replacement part sent to me (Gen Wreck-Gar missing a foot), and I've had an occasion where I had to return the entire toy because they no longer had any in stock. But they were on top of it, and I was compensated quickly and fairly.

14. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Where R all the RI fans?

BBTS is usually really good with sending out replacement parts. You send them a picture and they usually send you the part sometimes even extra parts or even just a replacement figure. I know from experience. I unfortunately seem to have the worst luck when it comes to getting defective figures, or at least it just seems that way due to the amount of figures I get.

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    yeah they do replacment parts but make sure you tell them exzactly what way the figure is faceing when you say left or right i have 3 FE bumblebee arms for 1 figure yes two are attached

16. Satomiblood

Yea, I indicated in the email that it's the left leg. It's so weird how the leg popped off...almost like a ball joint. I couldn't find the part that broke off the ratchet joint. I looked in the tray and inside the leg. There were stress marks allover the joint too. I'm guessing these were from testing it out after assembly.

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've gotten replacement parts from BBTS more times than I can count. So don't sweat it.

18. Satomiblood

I could've sworn Black Rodimus came with an exclusive comic as well (per the feedback thread). Mine didn't come with one.

Was MP-09B issued as both an eHobby exclusive and a regular Takara release?

19. Satomiblood

Got an answer from someone this morning:

I followed up with the CS person over the phone to confirm I was getting the right part and they're apparently sending me a new Black Rodimus (sans trailer) and that I don't need to send back what I already have. If this is true, then BBTS went above and beyond the call of duty for me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

While BBTS gets a lot of crap about their high prices, this is yet another example as to why so many people are willing to pay them. I didn't see your post a couple of days ago, but if I did I woulda said you have nothing to worry about...