Does Bay deserve to be in the Hasbro Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nemisispringer, May 18, 2011.

?

Does bay deserve to be in the transformers Hall of Fame

1. Yeah he sure does

297 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No he does not

109 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Undecided

27 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    By this logic, Bob Budianksy, aka the guy that effing created the entire fictional universe, doesn't belong either. He worked on the brand ~5 years, then moved on to his next project without a second thought, and has repeatedly turned down offers to return to the brand (apart from a one-shot adaptation of a movie made 25 years ago) because he's out of touch with TF fiction of today and still regards his contributions as "just another job" without any personal stake or attachment.

See what I'm getting at here?

2. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well I think all of you Bayformer-lovers' are every bit as biased , and your arguments are also your opinions...of which there is nothing wrong with. Again I stress that this thread is about OPINION. "Deserve"...think about the word for a second. Its a word that by its very nature denotes an opinion on a matter. But dont tell me my opinion is irrelevant and yours is not. An opinion is an opinion....and a newton is fruit and cake :) 

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

If we judge everyone to "deserve" based on opinion, we will be here all day 'cause someone will always hate Beast Wars or G1.

There is MATTER OF OPINION [i.e "Bay Movies suck/are awesome"] and MATTER OF FACT [i.e "Bay brought lots of money to Hasbro"].

But I do appreciate how you've been keeping civil all this time, congratulations.

4. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Bringing lots of cash and deserveing to be in the HoF is a different matter. Dont turn this into another "just because I love G1 I HAVE to hate Mike Bay" thing. Its not like that. To ME, my reasons go outside that realm...somewhat.

5. Overlord Balder

Such matter is what weights, not if you like him or not.

Never said that.

Well, by what I can see, these realms cannot be counted on this discussion because they're all on the MATTER OF OPINION realm.

6. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

lol okay dude. Well I'll state this , for the record, one last time:

I do not think Mike Bay deserves to be in the HoF because there are other, more qualified applicants (lol) to consider at this time.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am glad this whole mess is over for another year. Apparently no one person or character deserves to be in the hall of fame. Some of you guys are just so negative about everything.

8. Overlord Balder

So...? They can go to HOF next year, man! You're acting It's like this is the last HOF ever and. IT'S. NOT! [well, unless you believe the world is going to end on 2012].

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Point of order: I am not a fan of Bay's work, but I am acknowledging it's impact on Transformers.

You're right in that this entire discussion is subjective until we can come up with an objective method of looking at Bay, and it's moot in either case as he's in the HoF officially now. An opinion is an opinion, and yours is as valid as mine, but one based on flawed or unsupported reasoning is more open to criticism. I'm not picking apart your responses because of bias, but because there's a lot of loose threads to pick at.

I would like to hear more of your thoughts regarding the bushido and honor of film direction.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it should be a bit like with the robots that get introduced into the Transformers Hall of Fame.

Bulkhead is a fairly popular character who has been in two series now, but it would be hard to argue that Bulkhead should get into the Hall of Fame before some of the older bots from the earlier series.

So it seems like a bit of rush to put Bay in before people who made contributions to the brand before Bay did. If his contributions are enough to get in the Hall of Fame now then they should still be important enough 10 years from now or however long it takes to get all the important people in. Plus maybe after a decade or so passions wouldn't be as heated as they currently are so it wouldn't have seemed like a controversial pick.

11. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Quoted for logic.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Was there a vote for the selection of human inductee or was it just a case of 'This is who is going in this time' and no option to choose from a selection of others?

13. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    if not for the live action movie franchise, transformers popularity would not even be close to what it is today. (it took a very popular toyline, and made it more popular by opening it up to a newer generation)

Since Bay is responsible for directing this, then yeah he deserves to go into the HOF.

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That's a pretty ridiculous answer. He either deserves to be in it, or he does not. The order of induction is irrelevant.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The latter. All inductees aside from the fan-choice candidate were chosen by the selection committee of the HoF without, to my knowledge, input from the public.

16. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

The way I look at it is that no matter who directed the movies, as long as they had enough money behind them, they were still going to make Hasbro boatloads of cash. Therefore, that person would be getting into the Hall of Fame.

That's really the end of it, far as I'm concerned.

17. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Only because the thread is about Bay.

And about the fact that its all opinions, even other HoFs around the world are based on votes from people who use their opinions to determine if someone should be in. For example, in baseball if it were just about career performance and numbers, people like McGwire and Bonds would be in. The reason they aren't being considered is because of the opinions the voters have of those people.

But it will be funny to see whoever directs the next movie(s) and even funnier if they are better than Bay is. Wouldn't that make this a silly conversation to be having?

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    He made Transformers to be much more popular than they were in 2006. I say yes.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So Michael Bay is a known cheater who takes an illegal, performance enhancing drug to obtain an unfair advantage over the competition?

[youtube]eNydBMu1VfI[/youtube]

20. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  yes??