Does anyone want female Transformers as cars again?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideways77, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I generally dislike the idea of female Transformers, but I accept that they're a part of the franchise. Having said that, I do love Minerva, Blackarachnia, Slipstream, and Prime Arcee.

Maybe it's the Sunbow female Autobots that I really hate.

But motorcycles are easier to make female toys out of, I think.

2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    An electric or diesel engine would work better.

I'm not sure why bikes are the most common female transformer alt. right now, but it needs to stop.

3. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

It might be interesting to have a female bullet train ;) 

...or a female version of G1 Shockwave? :p  (yeah right, can you imagine the backlash on that?)

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing a female Indy car....yes, along the lines of that "movie" Fracture, but different enough. Definetly not that color scheme, and NOT pink, and NOT blue. Gotta be something different.

4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want more fembots for epic catfights.

5. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    yeah im sick of bike chicks. it may have some backing to fact that most bikers refer to their bike as a female but i doubt it has that depth.

in G1 that were el caminos werent there? then arcee was some sorta racecar?
    G1JP had minerva as a fire chief lamborgini right?
    G1JP Clipper was a sedan?
    BW Airrazor hawk and Blackarachnia Blackwindow.
    Energon had Arcee as a bike (and so it began ... )
    Cybertron had Override as the mach 5 and thunderblast as a boat.

how about a sika deer or even a lioness?

6. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I don't care what alt-modes they have as long as they don't have unnecessary female stereotypes like breasts or pink color or high heels or eyelashes or even a ponytail.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, for sure. I am so sick of "bikes and spiders" being the only acceptable fembot alt-modes these days. It carries a subtly sexist undercurrent that bothers me a little. Plus, I have no use for more spiders or bikes in my main collection (the bikes always feel way out of scale, and I'm fussy that way). It's just boring.

Y'know... I MOSTLY totally agree with you, though I don't necessarily hate it when part of a TF's design faintly resembles some article of clothing or trait. Those things can be fun when they're subtle. However, I know what you're saying... and the superfluous boob armour, heels, lips and general girliness that seems to go with most fembots becomes tediously overstated.

I always subscribed to the idea that a "fembot" (whatever that even means... still highly debated) really doesn't need to look any different from any other Transformer. What we read as "male/female" in their designs is usually complete nonsense anyway. But... I don't mind if there's one or two subtle traits that might be construed as "feminine" just for the sake of visual shorthand and design interest. Unfortunately, it's usually wayyyyy too blatant.

Yeah. What both of you guys said. :) 

But that would actually be sort of awesome, wouldn't it? Characters can play against type can't they?

zmog

8. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

I don't mind if Arcee is a motorcycle; so long as other female characters give us variety. Come on, motorcycle isn't a gender; it's a size limit. If you have to have female Transformers (and it seems like we will; not complaining) have female jets, constructicons, cars, helicoptors, tanks, and even Supreme sized ones.

The only reason we only seem to get motorcycles is because it is the obvious choice and there are only less than a handful fembots per franchise. I think the root of the problem is the Smurfette Principle. They want a female character or two, but they don't want to make more to seem equal. If we had larger numbers, then I don't think Arcee being a motorcycle would seem like such a big deal when you can just glance and see some counterexamples.

But, be subtle on the feminine traits. Let the kibble lightly touch upon them appearing female as opposed to relying on roboboobs, high heels, and hips.

Broadside anyone?:p  I like characters who play against type for one.

9. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm with you on the car thing, but I don't think examples in two media (movies and TF:p rime) equals "tradition". Transformers Animated wasn't all that long ago...

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah we should get girl tfs with other alt modes and I really want a G1ish arcee put out there.

11. SMOG

No, but TFA Arcee was a (welcome) throwback to G1 Arcee. I think we want to see more of that.

Arcee has been motorbiked in Energon, two Bayformers series, and Prime and (at least as far as toys go) we haven't seen a lot of other Fembots that weren't, well... spiders. I think I'd be a lot friendlier to Fembots in general if we got more variety.

...and Cybertron Thunderblast doesn't count. She was just a Barbie doll in a boat-shaped box. Awful.

zmog

12. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I forgot about Energon... Hmm.

Now I want to see Strika in Prime. :) 

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Yup.

I don't need any throwback to G1 Arcee (didn't much care for her), but I'd like to see more female characters with car alt modes. That would be cool.

14. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    is airachnid the first female helicopter?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes.

Even Arcee. I want her to be a blue convertable.

16. SMOG

Oh, and while we're at it, can we get Fembots with proper Transformer names? Like code-name sounding monikers, not weirdly spelled fantasy names and words with superfluous vowels at the end to make them sound more "feminine"? Because that shit is OLD.

Arcee has always been a WTF kind of name. Flamewar, Slipstream, Glyph... I'm down with that. I just don't want any more of this Elita/Chromia/Arachnia/Strika/Ariel princess bullshit. Send that back to MLP-land where it belongs.

Ahem. And yeah. More cars, trucks, tanks, etc... please.

zmog

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What if they turned into BW cats? One Autobot & one Decepticon. Then when they do fight, they just screech like cats.

18. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

I would really love to see an awesome remake of Roulette and Shadow Striker. Their color schemes aren't all pink and girly.

19. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'd like a few femme bots that aren't based on a motorcycle. That tune is played out! Specifically I want the G1 femmes with earth modes based on the alts they had in the toon. Classic-verse ofcourse. And they can be shellformers to make the different vehicles work on a femme frame if necessary.

20. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

I want one that turns into a train.