Customs: Does anyone use these kinds of airbrushes?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Jan 19, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Badger model 150 or the 100g model? I can either of them for half off and they seem fairly nice. Thanks in advance!

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey there. Those will be fine as long as you DO NOT USE AUTOMOTIVE URETHANES!! Badgers do not come with teflon bushings. They come with rubber, which is fine for all other paints. But if you plan on using enamels or urethanes, go for an Iwata Eclipse gravity feed. That is the best all around airbrush. If you wanna see what they can do, http://web.mac.com/enclinedesigns/iWeb/Site/Gallery.html

That is my gallery, about 98% was done with and Iwata Eclipse.
    Also check out the figures!

3. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I'm actually using that exact air brush right now on a figure im working on using emamels to spray and I really like the air brush. Its my father in laws and he will eventually be wanting it back soon so I've been shopping around. Have you used the badger brushes at all?

4. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yes.I had a badger years ago. The eclipse is a double action. Push down for air and pull back for paint. As long you got the painting tech. down, then the badgers will be fine. Especially if the price justifies getting them. But I see you live in Provo, Aset, the distibutors for the Iwata airbrush line is in salt lake, you could go to the warehouse and get a really good price on the Eclipses. As well as see some fantastic art. http://www.asetusa.com/

5. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Your work is awesome. And i didn't know about the bushings. Shame that most airbrushes ive seen for sale don't even tell you what kinds of paint you can use in them though. Now im even more afraid of using my airbrush that i got for xmas and havnt used yet.