Does anyone use a classics prime as the body to their ultra magnus add-on kit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The touch79, Jul 28, 2010.

1. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone is using their classics/henkei Optimus Prime as the inner-body to display their fansproject Ultra Magnus gear. I am toying with the idea, because I don't want to spend a lot of $$$ for classics magnus. If you do, comment on how you like the look of it and if you have pictures of it, they would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

I do not, but I put him in it once just to see.

You really cant tell much. It depends on the angle. The red door flaps dont mesh with the magnus armor as well as the white, but its not THAT noticable.

I have every version of the comander armor, I love it. My advice is to get it and see what it looks like, if you just cant stand it, then buy a magnus repaint.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

If you have an extra Prime, I suppose.

Some time before I actually went and bought a City Commander set though, I bought the Battle for Autobot City Target pack for $90 on Ebay. I left Ultra Magnus there as a "white Prime" for a good- oh, 6 months before I found a City Commander to buy (before the reissue was even announced).

And now for my $90 investment, Ultra Magnus hides inside the armor and Skywarp was replaced by his Henkei! counterpart.

4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    No.

Nooohohooo.

5. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

My brother did that for a while, and its definitely noticeable. If you're going to shell out $100 for the armor, you might as well shell out the extra cash for magnus vs. prime IMO

6. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do right now until I get my hands on a classic UM. It looks fine.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I've seen many pictures of Prime in the CC armor and I always thought it looks fine. I wouldn't do it personally because it would just bug me knowing, but it looks ok.

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is that Magnus has become quite expensive because of this thing.

I never could find magnus in stores (and I was looking). I'm not willing to pay the extra, but if I'd found him at a reasonable price, I probably would have gotten the armor.

I've considered picking up the easier to find, cheaper classics Prime because of this. But as has been said, I'd know and it would bug me.

9. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used Nemesis Prime as a Magnus stand in for several months. I actually just got a real Magnus yesterday. Nemesis actually looked pretty good in the City Commander armor.

Honestly if you can't afford a Magnus right now, get the CC set while you still can. It's likely to be gone forever soon and then your stuck paying collector prices which is going to be a lot. That was my rational anyways. I got the newer CC with addon for like $80 shipped knowing I would eventually find a good deal on Magnus.

Nemesis is ultimately happier as a Decepticon though :p 

10. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your patient you will eventually find a deal. I got mine for $50 MISB with Skywarp. The deals are far and few between but they do pop up on occasion.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

In some places the wrong colors peak through and plus the Cab kibble on the arms pops out with all the white, however the red on the Magnus arms "kind of" pulls it in.

I say since you are already splurging....just get a Magnus too.

12. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Thanks for the encouragement Kup!