Does anyone think that Thrust and Ramjet will be reissued again?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, May 9, 2012.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

Dear Forum,

I know that thrust and Ramjet were reissued by Takara through e-hobby and only 1000 were made of each years ago. The price for these has gotten high and I don't want to pay that price if their is even a hope that these two will come out again. What does the board think?

Thanks.

2. micah1199

My misb reissue seekers look lonely without thrust and ramjet.

3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It might take a while, but I think they and most of the main G1 stuff will be reissued again, at least in Japan. Especially with a 30th anniversary coming up.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sure hope so. I do think Encore (or whatever else they could be called) reissues of the coneheads are more likely than MPs at this point. That said, Takara having the option to do them for several years now and passing isn't filling me with a ton of hope either at this point. We'll see.

5. micah1199

I too think the above sometimes. I would hate to be the guy that pays $600 for thrust and ramjet and then a month later they are re-released.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I NEED Ramjet & Thrust!!

7. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would PITY the guy who actually paid $600 for thrust or ramjet...Im assuming you mean a MISB one lol

8. mtmte586

mtmte586 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if 2012 Generations contain the other 3 seekers as well as additional junkions.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, that's why I've held off on buying those convention reissues or even originals of each (I go reissue before original when that's an option since I prefer minty freshness for anything I buy); I'd prefer to pay $80-90 for new reissues of both rather than $150 or way more for just one of the earlier reissues.

I had been hoping the Encore Devs, Soundblaster and Twincast would lead to more Encore news (like Ramjet and Thrust and the remaining cassettes), but we still haven't heard any more about that supposed Sixshot rereissue, let alone anything beyond that.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ G1 reissues, not classics.

i think they will, along with hound

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was ALMOST this guy with Sunstorm. Right around the time I decided to bite the bullet and start saving up for one, they announced the Encore release of this figure. That being said, there really is no way to predict these things.

Inevitably there will be somebody who decides to purchase those figures at the current price, just to find out a few days later that there will be a re-release; that's just the danger of shelling out for such a rare item. I was one of those guys who spent pretty good money completing my G1 Metroplex, just to have the KO and Encore releases be announced not too long after that. The upside to this though, is that I can be assured that all the parts on my figure are vintage and not KOs or reissues.

Patience can be a double-edged sword, sometimes if you're patient you can find a great deal on the figure you're looking for, or conversely the price could continue to go up. I just snagged a MISB Movie 1 Toshiba Starscream for around a $100, by being patient and constantly searching ebay for one. The normal price on these figures is $200-300 MISB. If you really want those figures, keep searching for them on eBay and the various BST threads on the various forums, and make sure that you have the money on hand for when you finally find them; there's always some collector out there who has decided to leave the hobby and just wants to get rid of stuff.

I also snagged BotCon Dirge for about $40 this week, because I was patient and waited to buy until I found one a what I considered to be an excellent price.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  12. micah1199

Thanks for your well thought out replies. Great job on the rare finds at a good price.