Does anyone think a US MP Megatron release will ever happen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    With the way the US is with toys of guns, do you think the US will ever see a MP Megatron release?

I would love to see it as an online exclusive. But I personally doubt we will ever see a Hasbro release which is pretty sad really.

2. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, not a chance.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    NEVER will happen

EVER

Hasbro as a joke submitted G1 Megatron in ALL ORANGE and it was turned down.

They are so Nazi about toy guns now that RTS Legends Magatron has an Orange Tip. There is no way a toy gun that small could be mistaken for a real one!

[​IMG]

Hell they are not even allowed to reissue Classics Voyager Megatron.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Wow... such sadness. All cause of one person who reunited it by pointing Megatron at a cop in Brooklyn.

Does Habro, ever release these in the UK or other countries?

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Highly unlikely, and it's even less so if Has/Tak is refocusing and re-scaling their Masterpiece figures around MP08/MP09/MP10/MP11.

Plus, I think it's crap anyway.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    When posting this, I was thinking more MP Megatron 2.0. Megatron 1.0 is way to fragil for the US market.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Backup plan: tank Megatron.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This right here.

I've wanted a MP G2 tank Megatron in the Legends version's colorscheme for the longest time.

9. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    Nope, never going to happen.

Where do you think that late 1990's G2 green tank concept came from?? I never got a original release of Megatron when he first came out. So when I heard G2 was being released I hit the toystores like a kid on Christmas expecting to see Megatron as a Walther P-38 on the shelf. Instead I saw this hideous green travesty of a abomination. Now you all know why I have so much hate for Megatron's 'tank' concept ...

10. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

I'm hoping that a new mp megatron will be made in the new scale. I'm also hoping he transforms into a tank so he can come to the U.S.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Uh...realistic guns in general have been used as substitutes for real guns more than once, and not always with MP Megatron. Although how the hell airsoft guns are okay under these same restrictions is beyond me.

As for releases in other countries, I hear it's even stricter. In Australia, you need a permit and be a member of a collecting club or something to own him. Not kidding.

12. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the giant MP pistol needed an orange cap to be imported to primarily adult consumers, I'm not hopeful for any Megatron guns being released by Hasbro

Even if there happened to be some loophole where realistic gun toys could be sold online to collectors, you'd just need one person who isn't familiar with the idea of toy collectibles to cause a PR storm claiming Hasbro is selling gun replicas to children. People have gotten gun sensitive to the point that toddlers can get in trouble for making a basic "L" gun shape out of Duplo blocks at school.

I think the actual law is a good idea for safety, but the whole idea of toy guns seems to rub a lot of parents the wrong way these days. I didn't know that Classics Megatron was off the table. It's odd that the NERF stuff that it's based on seems to be fine.

When it comes time to import MP Megatron V2, I've got a feeling that buying an actual gun will be easier.

EDIT: Just saw Burnout's post. That airsoft thing is strange, isn't it? I imagine it's a loophole where the law specifies "toys" and these are categorized as sporting goods or something like that. Solution: Make MP Megatron an airsoft gun! (Not really.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    What if they made a tank Megatron in gun Megatron's colors?

14. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    In New York we sometimes have a subway ad that says "can you pick which gun is the real one?" and then there's a real looking gun and a bright red toy looking one. The point is that the bright red one is the real one. Tiny guns about the size of a legends figure actually do exist. They aren't great guns, but they'll kill ya just the same if used right.

I understand the concern. In the dark, it's hard to expect a cop to be able to say "no, don't shoot. That's just megatron." Especially in New York, where cops will shoot you for just about any reason (seriously, it's turning into a major issue).

That said, it's still ridiculous. It's a toy and I'm 32 years old. I've never been cited for anything more severe than speeding. I can legally purchase an actual Walther P38.. but I have no interest in guns.

Like most gun issues in the US, it's a small group ruining it for everyone else who would never dream of shooting someone. Sadly, until stupid stops being contagious, we're going to have to jump through hoops and sell our souls to the Japanese for any hope of a realistic gun-megs. MP-5 or Nerf Gun Megs or custom. Those are your choices.

That said, I have to assume Megs II is a tank and will come out here. Kind of a dumb business move if not. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'm usually not.

15. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I don't think ANYone wants Tankatron in that disgusting green and purple camo. Assuming Megs 2 is a tank, I expect he'll be silver, black and red.. then they'll do some kind of limited edition in the yucky actual g2 colors. See Deluxe 2-pack Megatron for more info.

Actually you know what would be fucking boss? A Megatron that transforms into Galvatron. I would be forced to just sign my bank account over to TT at that point.

Discuss.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    It should just be illegal to point any gun looking thing at a cop. It sucks when the general public pays for the stupidity of someone who likes to point toy guns at cops.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-05? Absolutely not, no chance at all whatsoever. If the next MP-Megatron is a tank, however, then it would almost certainly be released stateside.

18. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Don't quote me on this, but I think that actually is illegal here in the states. Maybe not explicitly, but it's illegal to menace a police officer in any way, and I believe the definition of "menace" is entirely at the officer's discretion.

19. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    so weird. i saw a mp-05 on a the shelf not more than 2 weeks ago.

is it illegal down there or just ill advised?

20. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    It's legal to buy, sell and own, but it's illegal to export it to the US without an orange plug attached, so technically any MISB MP-5s broke the law upon import (all the orange plugs are attached to MP-5 after he's sealed, so they have to unseal him to attach it).

If you own an "illegal" one in the states, however, you did not break the law, the person who sold it to you did. No matter what anyone tells you, it is not against the law to remove the plug yourself after you purchase it, but you do so at your own risk. If you are shot by a police officer for brandishing one, good luck hiding behind the "it was just a toy!" defense without the orange plug.

EDIT: As usual, I must point out that this is the law as I understand it. Although I did well in my law classes in college, I did not attend law school and am not a lawyer.