Does anyone prefer the TFU Seacons more than the latest reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

For me,the TFU colors on the seacons. just look more adult themed in colors than the original 1988 & reissue colors. the extra added paint apps details really work wonders. the darker blacks & grey's really make the toy look more adult themed in colors

also the TFU Seacons gift set box appears to look more special,spectacular,better & more art.

the latest reissue version of the seacons has a decent display box. but toys look like they were jammed into a box that was 2-3 times too small. there doesn't appear to be that much art work on the box.

I had the original 1988 seacons gift set. I was never really wowed by the colors. I wound up trading away the set for older season 3 figures I never saw in stores. like rodimus prime,hotrod,cyclonus & scourge.

Those 1988 G-1 Seacons colors always seemed to match the other TF toys released during that time period. like fitting pieces into a puzzle. or having most TF toys released in that time period drawing from the same colors inside a vault. like the pink/red used on the seacons looking extremly similar to the pink/red used on 1987 headmaster skullcruncher. the teal green/blue used on the seacons looking similar to 1988 double dealers teal green/blue colors. some of the similar 1988 seacons colors also used on the 1988 powermasters & pretenders.

Most would probably say. if they had to select a superior color scheme for the G-1 seacons molds. it'll be the beastwars 2nd 1997 God Neptune color scheme.

I kinda wish I picked up the Korean boxed God neptune when it was selling for $39.99on bbts.com & on ebay. the reason why it was so cheaply priced. was because the korean misb boxed version didn't include the combiner pieces,smaller hand guns & targetmaster stands.

The TFU Seacons box is so big & over sized. I could have easily squeezed the korean god neptune figures inside that box. even to the extent of putting them under the foam on the botton of the box. this way both the TFU & BW2ND seacons share a cool TFU box & TFU Combiner accessories+smaller weapons.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I actually like the God Neptune the least (and not because it's missing a member). The thing I like about the Seacons is they're so weird, and God Neptune's colors aren't very weird, thus draining some of the appeal. I like the TFCC Seacons, their colors are very fetching, but I wouldn't say I prefer them over the G1, which is wonderfully pastel.

3. Chump

Chump Well-Known Member

I was getting ready to buy a misb god neptune for mucho $$$. It's a good thing I started reading these boards agan and ordered myself a minty seacons set for less than $80. What a steal!

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The TFCC box is exquisite. But then again, for $100+ (cost) it should be. I love how it displays next to my other G1 giftsets. And if you really traded a 1988 Seacons giftset for a few season 3 figures, you got hosed.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

not if it was in the year 1988. back then a misb set of seacons cost under $40 at stores. while hotrod,rodimus,cyclonus & scourge cost more & were harder to find.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sam here. I was about to do the same with Predaking. Damn this is a good year for TF releases.

Oh by the way, your avatar is "Da' bomb"....

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Just got the TFCC version, and I must say that the colorscheme is interesting to say the least. I think the original/new reissue has a little better cohesion between the colors, but I am happy to own them both. Just glad that I waited, and scored the TFCC one for $120. Not sure which box I like more. while the Club version looks a little more G1 giftset-esque, the new reissue looks to be a great display piece. Too bad with the purchase of the club one, I had to cancel my order for a second reissue set.....for now.