Does anyone miss the old weapons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Babyformers, May 20, 2012.

?

Spring loaded missiles or mechtech/powerizer?

1. Spring loaded

66 vote(s)
    83.5%
  2. Mechtech/powerizer

13 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. Babyformers

Babyformers Active Member

I remember when i was younger when I opened a transformer, it came with a spring loaded weapon. Didnt mind it, it was actually really fun. Now we look at todays transformer weapons and they're mostly stupid, mechtech weapons that serve no purpose and look plain goofy. Granted that some of them were fairly clever in dotm but these 'powerizer' weapons are just horrible. The lights dont even work so why try? With the exception of the weapons with the 5mm clip system or with the rare show accurate ones, they've been downgraded greatly.
    But this is just my opinion, tell me what you guys think. :) 

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I don't like spring-loaded weapons either to be honest. I'd be happy with non-firing weapons that actually look cool.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Your samples' lights don't work? How sad. I love the transforming weapons.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer non-spring weapons that just look cool. I love Venksta's arsenal...

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The PRiD Voyager weapons are total shit. It's even worse than mechtech because some of the weapons don't even look like anything folded up.

I do miss having normal weapons for the bigger toys. With spring-loaded missile guns at least I could simply take the missile out and everything's fine.

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I don't like firing spring-loaded weapons or most of the missiles they came with, but I do like how they often and well they integrated with the TF itself.

7. Babyformers

My samples' light does work, I meant that it doesn't work as effectively that it's advertised to. Its just a little red led.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Mechtech sucks balls. I prefer weapons that store away in alt mode over any of them, but I prefer spring loaded weapons of the 2 choices listed.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Neither were that good.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

I can't answer the poll. There are a lot of spring-loaded weapons that don't do it for me, but a few that do, and let's be honest, shooty missiles will never get old (even if I have yet to get the perfect down-the-shirt shot on my fiancee...one day).

OTOH, I'd rather have a great weapon with something fun and interesting and Transformers-y about it. That could be MechTech (there are some great ones!) or a Targetmaster/Minicon. Not every character needs that (most of my favorite weapons are simple, well-sculpted accessories) but I'm a fan of them.

Powerizer weapons are terrible. It's like they took a bunch of MechTechs that were hit and miss, discarded the misses, added clear plastic that was conspicuous, yet failed to respond in any way to a nearby LED, and called it good. The only one I can look at without shuddering is Megatron's cannon, and even that one doesn't exactly function, I just locked the sword out.

11. Babyformers

That's true, but out of the two, mechtech fails most of the time.

12. Babyformers

Totally respect your opinion, there are some hit and misses between the two and the mechtech weapons do express the transforming feel. I understand where you're going with that. Although i'd rather have the simple, well sculpted weapons that you mentioned, I dont mind gimmiks but if they're simple and non clunky looking, its better.

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    the only spring weapon i liked was WFC Megatron's fusion cannon. unfortunately i stopped looking after i lost his "bullet" again. damn thing kept shootin me in the eye.

but with the newer guns, you can take out the spring so they stay popped out. well, it works for DOTM red and white Ratchet's gun that is

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The first and last time I shot myself in the eye was with Cybertronian Megatron.

And you seem to have forgotten that there are transforming and firing weapons. Movie Leader Prime, for example.

15. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I miss Spring loaded, but don't care for the weakened ones in this country over the past decade. I also miss Cap weapons (Ala C.O.P.S.). But over any choice, I rather just have accurate and/or realistic, like some of the ones from Classics (Jazz's fold-up gun, Kup's rifle, etc)

16. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I prefer just plain simple weapons. One piece, like on G1 figures, or even stuff like Deathcatg said. I don't need anything fancy. And I don't like missiles because I'd lose 'em >.>

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

you know what I miss, guns that look like guns, blasters that look like blasters and did not cause a toys arm to drop like it was broken immediately upon placement in the hand because it is idiotically heavy.

Sorry if anyone considers this all GeeWun but the nice average sized hand held weapons of the first generation of our favorite bots is all I ever wanted in a Transfomer. Yes I know they all did not come that way, but Primes gun looked like a rifle. Inferno, Jazz, Sideswipe, Prowl, Hound and the like are more what I am aiming for.

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    this. DOTM Barricade is a nightmare. but i love what hasbro did with the Generations figures' guns.

19. Babyformers

The generations guns are a perfect example of what a weapon should look like with a transformer. Simple, non clunky looking and less ridiculous looking.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Well, I say, when designed correctly, Mechtech is pretty good, overlooking the oversize.